Adapters not showing in mangement software

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-14 22:08:40
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA511KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : V1

ISP : TitalADSL

Hi,

I've just tried speaking with tech support who went through the normal "turn it on/off" suggestions, but I think my query is a bit 'deeper' than that. My setup as follows (fairly common, but good to be clear with what we're dealing with here!)

Wireless ADSL Router connected via CAT5e to powerline adapter, other powerline adapter connected at the bottom of the garden which is connected to a small 5-port network hub, to a wireless access point and my PC!

I can surf to my heart's content, and make/receive calls on my IP phone with no problem. It's definitely working! However I want to know what speed I am getting between adapters but the software is not recognising either of my adapters. Can anyone help? I've loaded the latest software from the net. I'm not sure I can update the firmware because I can't 'see' the adapters on my network yet.

Any help, gratefully received!

Thanks,

Ed
Options
1 Reply
Re:Adapters not showing in mangement software
2013-01-14 22:21:06
I should add that when I go into the software it says "HomePlug adapter NOT DETECTED" and I've tried adding with the password, and scanning, but it comes back with "A device with the entered password was not detected" or "The homePlug adapter was not detected, please check your computer cables"... And, they are all connected... must be otherwise the things wouldn't be working!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 1