Connection keeps dropping randomly multiple times a day, but only on one specific device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connection keeps dropping randomly multiple times a day, but only on one specific device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Connection keeps dropping randomly multiple times a day, but only on one specific device
2020-06-17 10:09:08

Disconnects have returned in full blast. I cannot even watch a YT video now without having constant micro or minidisconnects througout. So frikking annoying and I have not a slightest idea why does it keep happening. 

No DDOS is enabled in my router. 

No IMPT Snooping I can find to be enabled either. 

All other devices run smooth, but my PC just keeps dropping and dropping. 

Does not matter if I set DHCP or Static IP or even reserve IP address, I'll still get kicked from the network for no apparent reason. 

IS this router just pure trash or I am having some rare problem I simply cannot figure out and will have to settle down for it indefinitely? :) 

Options
Re:Connection keeps dropping randomly multiple times a day, but only on one specific device
2020-06-17 15:30:28

@SixThe9th I'm sorry your still having issues. In my situation the disconnects stopped immediately after I disabled DOS protection. I have re enabled igmp snooping which should not be affecting the issue. Please copy the system logs including the time slightly before and slightly after the issue occurs then I can get a better idea of what errors are occuring and what settings to tweak for you. Keep in mind we are using different model tp link routers but I am trained in network troubleshooting and would be happy to help 

Options
2020-06-18 16:55:21

@agoldstein54 on a personal note, for the last month i had been using an archer a7 1750, which was okay, but i never felt like it was delivering my gigabit speed, so i was still within the return window and exchanged it for a way more expensive device, the c5400x, and let me tell you, im seriously impressed. i am not ony getting the gigabit speeds, but a ton more features albeit at a price. only concern so far is that doesnt appear there are any new firmware upgrades besides what came on the device?

Options