Compatibility of different TP-Link Powerline Models

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-28 00:34:35

Hi All,

I was under the impression that all TP-Link powerline adapters were compatible with each other. It was simply a matter of purchasing more adapters and adding them to your powerline network, but this appears not to be the case.

I already had the AV-600 kit, containing the nano adapter and the wifi adapter. I joined those two together in seconds and they are working perfectly. I now require an additional powerline adapter that has passthrough, so I purchased the TL-PA7010P Kit, containing two passthrough adapters with the ethernet connection at the top.

The first kit and the second kit simply refuse to pair with each other. I can pair the adapters in the first kit with each other in seconds, and I can pair the two adapters in the second kit within seconds, but having them all paired together is proving impossible. 

If I pair the second kit first, then simply plug in any of the adapters from the first kit, the lights on the second kit turn red within seconds.

Could someone tell me if these kits actually arent compatible or whats going on? I mean its not rocket science pairing these things, but Im having zero luck with this.

Thanks all.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Compatibility of different TP-Link Powerline Models
2020-02-28 09:03:26

@Tech_User 

Hello, you can reset the new powerline kit, which is TL-PA7010P. Then try to pair them with the tpPLC utility.

Below is the instruction to pair them: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1615/

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4753

Replies: 1

Related Articles