scheduled access control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

scheduled access control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
scheduled access control
scheduled access control
2020-03-09 01:32:18 - last edited 2020-03-09 05:52:57
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0070.0

Can anyone help me set up access control using a schedule?  I want to restrict access to the router by some devices during certain times only.  I have set up parental controls,however that only restricts access to websites not apps such as instagram/tik tok.  With my previous d-link router i was able to set access control using a schedule.  Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:scheduled access control
2020-03-09 05:52:47 - last edited 2020-03-09 05:52:57

@figgy6 

Hello, if you want to block specific devices access internet during a certain time of period, you can use parental control to satisfy your needs. 

Below is the instruction to set it up.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1740/

For example, you want to block your kid's device access internet from 7:30 am-18:00 pm in weekdays, you can add his device(phone/PC) into the parental control list and choose internet access time/effective time from 7:30 am-18:00 pm Monday to Friday, and choose whitelist but NO keyword. Then this device won't be able to access internet at all. 

Note: Please clear the cache of browsers.  

May it help. 

Options
2020-03-09 06:06:14

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately that only works for browsing the internet via a browser.  Smart phone apps such as facebook, instagram are unaffected.  In the past i have been able to remedy this using access control.

Options
2020-03-12 02:43:01

figgy6 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately that only works for browsing the internet via a browser.  Smart phone apps such as facebook, instagram are unaffected.  In the past i have been able to remedy this using access control.

@figgy6 

Hello, with the parental control settings, it can block the device to get internet, but it can not block the apps on the phone. When you set up parental control, Content Restriction chooses WhitelistKeyword put in nothing. Then your phone will not able to get internet, if the app needs internet, it will not able to work. Otherwise, there will be no settings that can block the app on this modem.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1004

Replies: 3

Related Articles