Some specific device failed to connect to the Deco's wifi, though all other devices work properly?

Some specific device failed to connect to the Deco's wifi, though all other devices work properly?

46 Reply
Re:Some specific device failed to connect to the Deco's wifi, though all other devices work properly?
2021-11-19 11:17:50

Hi, I bought a Moto g60s (Android 11) but it has intermittent disconnections and does not roaming properly (other devices are running smoothly). Test with guest network without password and it works fine. 

Options
Re:Some specific device failed to connect to the Deco's wifi, though all other devices work properly?
2021-11-23 02:12:51

@Kevin_Z 

hi i bought a deco a week ago but have a bad connection to wifi
Options
2021-11-23 03:26:16

@Inalunnguaq 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Any chance you could start a new thread and tell us more details about your current issue: like the model number and what do you mean by the bad connection, unstable or slow speed?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/edit/topic?moduleId=39

Options
2021-12-09 16:07:43 - last edited 2022-03-25 13:26:23

One definite cause of this issue is when Deco uses 2.4GHz WiFi channels 12 or 13.

Although these channels are legal to use in the UK, they are not supported in North America and so many globally sourced devices won't connect to WiFi when channels 12 or 13 are used.

If your Deco is using channel 12 or 13 then I recommend rebooting until it chooses a different channel.

Options
2022-11-29 21:33:59

@MMatt Yes, i have same problem with my Nest Hello doorbell. Worked fine before on my Zyxel Multy X mesh but not now on the Tplink Deco X75 mesh. Any tips?

Options
2022-11-29 22:11:00

@Morty_Norway As per my previous advice, if your Deco is using channel 12 or 13 then I recommend rebooting until it chooses a different (lower) channel. Hopefully we'll get an option to disable these unsupported channels in a future update.

Options
Related Articles