TP-Link OneMesh™ VS Deco Mesh: What's the Difference?

TP-Link OneMesh™ VS Deco Mesh: What's the Difference?

56 Reply
Re:TP-Link OneMesh™ VS Deco Mesh: What's the Difference?
2023-04-08 07:47:35

@mooglestiltzkin  So you mean you are making holes in your house to wire connect Deco devices in your house? :) , you can do that in office I guess but IMHO for personal use function is completely useless. 

Options
2023-05-11 09:58:23 - last edited 2023-05-11 10:09:56

bd134 wrote

@TP_TechWriter 

Can a OneMesh router, such as Archer MR600, connected to a Deco Mesh router, such as Deco M4, through a ethernet cable?

If so, can both routers use the same SSID? Thanks.

@bd134 - Short but thorough enough answer. You can use both devices together but you can not mesh feature together as one single mesh. They would be two mesh networks but interconnected onto the same ethernet LAN (local area network). Likely, you'll result in two mesh networks with separate SSID but they are still part of the same underlying LAN network.

There are a lot of networking techniques and typology setup. What you should keep in mind is Deco series uses the DECO MESH Networking and Archer series uses the OneMesh. Ultimately, you can interconnect the separate wifi mesh together but you need to use 2 or more deco series to form a deco mesh. You need to use OneMesh compatible products to formulate a OneMesh networking protocol but you can ethernet interconnect them as one local area network and in cases can get quite sophisticated as you may see in larger commercial local area networks like at a school, college campus, etc. The underlying ethernet is the underlying common networking. The standards are universal on the ethernet wired networking. 

Options
2023-06-29 16:07:37

@JDC aw hell, I fell for the same scam! TP Deco Mesh DOES NOT WORK with One Mesh. I guess the "One Mesh" is supposed to mean One [more] Mesh. TP you suck. 

Options
2023-10-18 17:18:54 - last edited 2023-10-18 17:19:08

@mooglestiltzkin 

is it still the case in 2023? I mean, extended onemesh router cant be wired for backhaul?

Options
2023-12-08 17:49:13

In summary, Deco Mesh is specific to TP-Link Deco products and is a solution for creating intelligent mesh networks with compatible Deco units. On the other hand, OneMesh™ is a different technology used in other TP-Link products, and the two are not interchangeable in terms of creating a mesh network. Users should choose the solution that aligns with their specific hardware and networking requirements.

Options
2024-02-07 17:10:07

@bd134 

Best bet is to buy a Netgear router

The Nighthawk AX3600 is a great choice

Options