Votes

kasa app for desktop

Votes

kasa app for desktop

61 Reply
Re:kasa app for desktop
2021-05-15 22:35:40

@metropical A windows app that also collated / compared / graphed energy use would be amazing. 

We are completely off grid and use the energy feature of the KP115 extensively but find it laborious to work out current total use, for instance, as we need to add up each individual total manually.  A windows app (or even an extra feature of the smart phone app) that allowed for these types of features would be awesome

Options
2021-06-11 09:13:44

@metropical Absolutly. 

Options
2021-09-21 18:55:46

This has been requested for years now. The manufacturer's response has never left me hopeful. I doubt that a web interface will ever be created by the manufacturer. They apparently would prefer to spend a small amount of money having a low paid employee reply "sorry" than spend a larger amount of money developing a web interface.

You could run the Kasa app on an Android emulator such as BlueStack on your PC or Mac. Not a perfect solution but it does work.

Options
2021-10-11 07:01:34

I second that request! 

Options
2021-10-15 16:05:48

I just found this app in the Microsoft Store called "Control for Kasa Smart". I'm guessing this isn't official, especially considering it's $4.99. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/control-for-kasa-smart/9mxjxdj2vmxk?&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Options
2022-01-26 21:24:55

@metropical Got to agree, there is plenty of noise about a windows app and the only response is 'we're watching for comments'. My comment is - I wouldn't have bought my kasa sockets or my tapo lights and sockets if I had realised how little support there was for people who don't live on their phones :(

metropical wrote

may I suggest the idea, if it hasn't already been, that a desktop version of the Kasa app would be handy now and then.

Options
2022-01-26 21:26:09
ditto - please count my vote too
Options
2022-07-07 10:09:42

It is absolutely incomprehensible why there is no desktop/browser app.  For a company they size of tp-link, it should be a no-brainer.  Also, the fact that for the KC400 Google and Alexa-supported streaming displays are supported, but not browsers or desktop operating systems, shows that they have no problem developing their software for multiple platforms and devices.

The KC400 is the first tp-link product I've purchased.  If they don't develop a browser or desktop app to view the camera's stream, it'll be the last.  If they do, I'll gladly buy more.  Smartphones are still just phones.  It makes no sense that software would not be available for computers from a company whose main area is computer networking, especially when it concerns security cameras, and the displays for even the smallest laptops are larger than smartphone displays, and therefore more useful for viewing a camera stream.

Options
2022-07-07 13:22:18

@kmacdowell If this is an absolute requirement then you definitely should buy a different make of camera. Users have been complaining about the lack of a computer app for years now and threatening to go to a different brand. If tp-link hasn't developed a computer app yet, they aren't ever going to. It costs a lot more to develop an app then to have an employee reply "Sorry".

"Caveat Emptor"

Options
2022-09-17 15:37:56

@Paul_Venice I actually did figure out a solution, and it was easy.

I think tp-link easily has the resources to make a desktop app in-house, but I just installed an Android emulator on my PC and can use the Kasa app on desktop/laptop that way.  I won't name which one, but it's a popular one, the first I found, and it was trivial to set up.

Still, I sympathize with those less savvy with the Google machine.

Options

Voters 26

+ 22 Voters