Votes

No openvpn client option on Archer AX11000?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

No openvpn client option on Archer AX11000?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
59 Reply
Re:No openvpn client option on Archer AX11000?
2022-03-20 02:21:08

@Kevin_Z 

Hi @Kevin_Z 

thanks for the update, I was able to download the beta firmware and update my router, but it doesn't seem to work, I enabled the VPN Client and added the server with VPN username/password and also the configuration file, I'm using OpenVPN.

when I enable it, it just shows Connecting and that's it, on the OpenVPN server I don't see any connection comming from the router.

Options
2022-03-21 02:00:42

SkyHeart wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi @Kevin_Z 

thanks for the update, I was able to download the beta firmware and update my router, but it doesn't seem to work, I enabled the VPN Client and added the server with VPN username/password and also the configuration file, I'm using OpenVPN.

when I enable it, it just shows Connecting and that's it, on the OpenVPN server I don't see any connection comming from the router.

@SkyHeart 

Please follow the suggestions we provided in this thread to see if it works. If still no help, please report the issue to the support email:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/270268

Options
2022-03-21 02:17:38

@Kevin_Z 

I just installed the beta FW (Firmware Version:1.2.4 Build 20220317 rel.55009(5553)) and confirm the OpenVPN client does work with ExpressVPN .  The only thing I'd really like to be able to do is to use multiple VPN servers at the same time.  My older Asus router had that feature.

Options
2022-03-25 16:26:59

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks @Kevin_Z 

I finally made it work after doing some changes to the .ovpn clinet configuration file, had to change the cipher and auth values, now my issue is to figure out a way to disable forwarding all traffic through the tunnel, I don't want all the traffic to go through the VPN tunnel I just want to be able to access the devices on the other side of the network, normally in the normal PC Windows/Linux VPN client you have the option to disable it, but here there none, I even tried to add a config 'pull-filter ignore redirect-gateway' to the client configs but that made it worse, I was still able to connect to vpn but didn't have any internet connection.

I really regret buy this router, I paid almost 700$ for it here in my region almost 2 years ago, and yet we just got the a basic function.

I also don't recommend anyone to buy this expinsive router.

Options
2022-07-25 02:51:48

@Kevin_Z 

I could use some help troubleshooting my OpenVPN connection.  I followed the process documented at

https://www.tp-link(dot)com/us/user-guides/archer-ax11000_v1/chapter-11-vpn-server#ug-sub-title-1

...generated the certificate, saved the configuration, exported the file, emailed the file to my phone, used that file to configure the OpenVPN app for my phone, and "No Connection".

The website:  openvpn(dot)net/vpn-server-resources/troubleshooting-client-vpn-tunnel-connectivity/

suggests many possible causes, but no information on how I can test the various possibilities.

Thoughts?

Options
2022-07-25 06:38:29

TyeC wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I could use some help troubleshooting my OpenVPN connection.  I followed the process documented at

https://www.tp-link(dot)com/us/user-guides/archer-ax11000_v1/chapter-11-vpn-server#ug-sub-title-1

...generated the certificate, saved the configuration, exported the file, emailed the file to my phone, used that file to configure the OpenVPN app for my phone, and "No Connection".

The website:  openvpn(dot)net/vpn-server-resources/troubleshooting-client-vpn-tunnel-connectivity/

suggests many possible causes, but no information on how I can test the various possibilities.

Thoughts?

@TyeC It seems you are configuring a VPN server on the AX11000, can I know what kind of VPN server were you trying to configure? OpenVPN or PPTP VPN? You can follow this article to review all the setting parameters again, then determine if you can make it work:

What should I do if VPN doesn't work on Wi-Fi Router? (Case 1)

Options
2022-08-20 20:26:52 - last edited 2022-08-20 20:51:38

Hi @Kevin_Z , I just checked and I don’t see the update available for my router (v1) using both tether and online. However, I see an update available for router (v1.6) online. Is it available only for v1.6?

Options
2022-08-22 05:30:58

Hjm wrote

Hi @Kevin_Z , I just checked and I don’t see the update available for my router (v1) using both tether and online. However, I see an update available for router (v1.6) online. Is it available only for v1.6?

@Hjm Yes, there should be an official version for the AX11000US v1.0, please wait and check for the updates later in one day or two. 

Options
2022-09-03 17:20:21

@Kevin_Z 

Just got my router up and running yesterday. I will add working GREAT! I see that a VPN client can be added as of 8/22. MY Equipment Archer AX-11000 build 1.6. Trying to set up express VPN.

I do not see VPN client in the advanced settings?

Can you please explain how to do this or provide a guide?

Options
2022-09-03 17:32:58

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin can you please post a guide or give me a step by step?

My equipment Archer AX-11000 Build 1.6

Upgraded to the lastest firmware but does not say build 20220721 like your post. Mine is 1.3.0 Build 20220221 rel.50072(5553). 

Options

Voters 9

+ 5 Voters

Tags