Issues with BT Home hub, TP-link Tapo app and IP camera.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-16 20:24:10
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm having some issues with the BT Home hub, TP-link Tapo app and IP camera.
I can connect the IP camera  through the Tapo app without issue.

It is connected to the BThome router as I can see it in the BT Smart Hub Manager \ my network \ my devices.

It's using 2.4 ghz band and I can ping it from my PC.

I have 2 problems:

Problem 1:  In the Tapo app.  When it is first setup and I can click and view the stream.

However as soon as I come out of the device (still in the app), it disappears from the list of devices, even though the router shows me it's still connected to the network.

What am I missing?  Is there something blocking the device access through the app.
Is it my phone? Android?

I can reset the device, go through the initial setup and it appears briefly before disappearing again? 

Problem 2
I want to be able to view this outside my home network.

When I am able to connect to device after initial setup.  It says that external access is not available.
Is this a port forwarding issue.  It recommends that I change my dns to 8.8.8.8, not sure why that would help.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issues with BT Home hub, TP-link Tapo app and IP camera.
2020-04-27 05:49:40 - last edited 2020-04-27 05:54:53

@Rarelyamson 

Hi,
What's the light status on the camera when you can't control it?

Please try to close the Tapo app and re-launch it. Make sure there are no special settings on your router, such as AP Isolation/Client Isolation.

If there is a VPN on your phone, disable it. 

Finally, change the router's DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4. And test the camera with another phone.

Have a good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2023

Replies: 1