WPA3 support For Deco M9 Plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WPA3 support For Deco M9 Plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
45 Reply
Re:WPA3 support For Deco M9 Plus
2020-11-05 21:27:43

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hello, is there any beta with this functionality?

Options
2020-11-06 03:07:46

@SrDarkWarrior   

Hello, thanks for getting back, while we need to say sorry as we currently don't have any beta firmware to support the WPA3, we will push our developers to update this status and let you know once it is available.

@JohnnyBoy 

We are sorry that we cannot provide you the ETA when we can add the support for the WPA3 on Deco M9 Plus, the only suggestion we can provide now is paying your attention on the compatibility list on the website. While if you do require the WPA3 urgently and the return window is open, you may return it or try to upgrade to one of the models that already support it.

Options
2020-11-15 05:50:07

@TP-Link_Deco

Yeeaaaah... I'm going simply offer y'all my heartiest congratulations. 

See, I've been buying TP Link since... shoot: late 90's? Early 2000's? But I'll come back to that.

Moreover, I myself am a software engineer. Have been since the mid-90's. 

So you may assume ("know with 100% certainty") the possibility ("absolute certainty") exists that I might ("unquestionably do") know what I'm talking about when I say I know what the odds are ("0") that it's all the SAME devs ("they're not") that were making ("actually engineering, not copy+pasting/ripping off") your products since that time. Same with the management team. 

Now @TP-Link_Deco, this ALSO means I know with crystal clear certainty that this is not your fault, personally. You're just the poor sod who's been given the inevitable task (by that same group of new managers) of placating a bunch of outraged Westerners, and who's expected to juggle and invent as wildly as possible because, per your own documentation, the M9+'s aren't a priority, under the hopes we'll get collectively distracted and just go away.

The issue here is that the REST of our tech DIDN'T miss the memo, and is now reminding us of this matter EVERY TIME WE LOG ONTO OUR HOME NETWORKS. And since we're continuing to "shelter in place" and work from home due to an entirely different debacle, this amounts to ALL THE TIME.

So please pass on my heartiest congratulations to the new management staff: they managed to convince me to never buy another TP-Link product again - for my own use OR for my company's - breaking a two DECADE long streak.

Feel free to have them drop me a line when they get their acts together. I mean, it won't change anything - I'm still not gonna buy your crap again - but they're welcome to drop me a line. I know my choices are China, China, and China for this type of tech... but o can at least go with a Chinese firm that's not categorically incompetent at everything (except marketing, it would appear).

May you enjoy all the luck and success you deserve. 

Options
2021-02-12 13:45:19
Any news on this?
Options
2021-02-25 17:13:59

@TP-Link_Deco 

Are there any news about this?

Options
2021-03-03 11:48:35

@TP-Link_Deco 

It's been almost a year now since this topic was opened and I think as a supplier, you need to realize that some of us do this for a living and cannot keep on selling the story that wpa3 support will come... one day.. I have been working with tp-link products for many years but my solid support is starting to show some cracks. Not because of the fact that the M9 is not supporting wpa3, but more because i get the impression that this support is simply not coming and you are simply waiting for users to move on from this topic.

As a developer myself i know that the longer a task stays on the backlog, the lower the priority it gets when there is an alternative available and especially when this generates revenue.

Please do the right thing and provide clarity so we can stop wasting time and energy.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Options
2021-03-03 17:45:20

Also looking for wpa3 support. Hope that it will be released at somepoint. Else it seems like a shame having spent premium money on a product no longer being updated with relevant features..

Options
2021-03-03 17:49:40
Also looking for wpa3 support, hope it will be released at some point. Seems like a shame having spent premium money on a product nolonger getting relevant updates, 2 months after i got it. So let's hope for some firmware with some nice updates.
Options
2021-04-02 06:51:53

@TP-Link_Deco 

yes, I am also looking for WPA3 support and while I continue to keep a lookout for any updates, I hope there will be at least an indication of intent from tp-link. Else, I may have to look elsewhere when I upgrade my home network in the near future. Thanks.

Options
2021-04-15 18:28:46
I cannot update firmware my Deco M9Plus. How to upgrade? I cannot access web management but I tried manual IP address and everything. What is the correct method to upgrade the firmware from PC or usb?
Options
Related Articles