Archer C6 V2 Firmware 1.3.0 EU - WiFi drops every few minutes after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 V2 Firmware 1.3.0 EU - WiFi drops every few minutes after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
99 Reply
Re:Archer C6 V2 Firmware 1.3.0 EU - WiFi drops every few minutes after firmware upgrade
2021-03-05 18:03:16

SBLAHIRI wrote

Got a communication from TP-Link Support guys to try the Beta firmware https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202010/20201030/ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-3-6-P1%5b20201030-rel60104%5d.zip. Not sure if i would like to implement this as there is no release notes or bugfix document with this package.

Agreed. I would appreciate TP-Link including the release notes with each firmware. Most of us here want to know what implications the firmware could have rather than taking a leap of faith.

SBLAHIRI wrote

Going thru the posts on this site, i find that the issue are not resolved satisfactorily and people are facing problems reverting back to stable version. TP-Link also has no ETA for release of a stable version or to resolve this issue on a war footing despite the negative feedback about this model

I've been using beta firmware version 1-3-6-P1[20200611-rel33480] for several months now and I have no complaints, my C6 is perfectly stable running this version. From memory it disbables onemesh which caused trouble when it was introduced in firmware version 1.3.0

Options
Re:Archer C6 V2 Firmware 1.3.0 EU - WiFi drops every few minutes after firmware upgrade
2021-03-09 21:18:18

@Mrjlaunch The last test was while playing Dota2 on valve servers was unplayable for 90% of the time in a period of 40 minutes, as you can see the maximum ping was 145ms which was a huge crash and I needed to restart the game otherwise for the others crushes I had HUGE lags and game was lagging as Hell! Ingame loss packet from 2 to 7 all the time, every minute or some it was going to 10+ Loss packet! I don't know what to do with this router anymore, after the beta it was good for a couple of days but from Sunday it starts acting the old way.
    Packets: Sent = 1789, Received = 1789, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 145ms, Average = 2ms
Control-C
^C

File:
ping test.txtDownload
Options
2021-03-09 22:43:00

@bilbil Another test after the first one that is devastating! 

File:
ping test.txtDownload
Options
2021-03-13 20:58:40

@bilbil Guys every day from 21:30 till 23:30 I got HUGE Drops etc. Loss Packet (8, 10, 100 sometimes) and over the other part of the day the net is ok. What can it be, do you got any idea?

Options
2021-03-15 07:22:33

@bilbil 

If Your router does have nat boost and airtime fairness functionality, then try to disable them.

Options
2021-04-07 20:44:49

@Kevin_Z 

I imagined that the problem was with the OneMesh feature. But I realized that by disabling the feature, there was no difference in my connection. I installed it in the Beta version, but over time, analyzing the problem, I realized that the problem ends when I activated a bandwidth control (QOS) option.
With the bandwidth control active, the connection does not lock, stays fluid and works perfectly.
Anyway this is strange, the router should not have this problem. Because it is necessary to find out. And I spent months with this problem and not conceiving of what it could be. Then I saw that bandwidth control really made a difference.
But now I'm curious. If bandwidth control solved my problem when it was activated, why did my other routers that are connected to the C6's LAN ports function normally without experiencing this problem when C6 had QOS disabled? Is the necessary activation of the Bandwidth control problem of the Archer C6 or is any device in my house consuming a lot of internet? But even so, it would not make sense because the other routers work perfectly.
Options
2021-04-08 02:01:57

@ArthurSoares 

May I have the detailed network topology, how many Archer C6 routers (or if there are other extenders or switches) in the network, and how are they connected to each other?

Please show us the QoS settings on the C6 when it is enabled, and the issue disappears.

As per your description, only the main C6 has the 2.4G crash issue, the others are working properly, am I right? How many devices are connected to the network, how many are connected to the main C6?

Options
2021-05-22 14:52:25

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin,

I am also experiencing the same problem with our Archer C60 device. It keeps dropping 2.4Ghz leading to frequent disconnections. 

Our ISP has confirmed there are no such issues at their end. 

I am using a 100mbps plan with 5GHz delivering about 90+ Mbps and 2.4 GHz delivering 50-60 Mbps that keeps dropping to 0-1 Mbps. Please help. 

Do you have beta firmware upgrade version in india? 

Options
2021-05-24 07:50:32

@saurav.suman01 

May I know what are the devices connected to the 2.4G network? 

How about the 5G network and wired connection on the C60, are they stable? How about the internet LED on the C60 when the 2.4G speed drops to 0, green or orange? Try to login to the web GUI of the router when the issue happens, check and show us the Status page on the C60, if there is a WAN IP address and DNS server address?

BTW, who is your ISP?

Options
2021-05-24 16:44:06

Do not bother with topology. This router doesn't got a stable firmware for a year.

1.3.7 is less stable than 1.3.6. You should be sending new routers to repleace. This is a joke.

Do not bother to ask any questions. Got throug the forum, checked all the advices and firmwares. This is the worst piece of crap. It will be dropping you from the calls, doing all kind of weird stuff. My kids cannot have a lesson through teams. I work online. No torrent/gaming stuff, just 3-4 ppl on mail/hangouts or teams.

1.3.7 today just repetedly turrned off 2.4 and 5ghz network, every minute or two. For 15 seconds.

Never had this router to work 8 hrs straight without an issue.

Options