Is there a hidden DHCP Server in Powerline adapters?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is there a hidden DHCP Server in Powerline adapters?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
93 Reply
Re:Is there a hidden DHCP Server in Powerline adapters?
2022-05-25 02:57:54 - last edited 2022-05-25 02:59:07

Hello  @rogueDHCP 

We gather your feedback here and share with related team regularly, you could leave the hardware & country version of the TL-WPA4220 in your another post here.

For any urgent help, or if you wish to discuss the case in details with support or seniors directly,  try to reach our local support  so they could help look into the case further. Appreciate for your understanding. 

Options
2022-05-25 06:36:55

@rogueDHCP  I honestly wouldn't bother wasting your time. I raised a support ticket about this a year ago and it's still open and unresolved.

TP-link really don't care about fixing this issue and I doubt these "seniors" even exist, or if they do they would rather spend their time on the golf course than fixing their poorly designed software and making their customers happy.

@Solla-topee Why can't you just be honest with us? Either your dev team are working on fixing this or they are not? I'm guessing not as the fix would take all of about an hour for a competent developer.

In the meantime I would recommend anyone looking for a powerline solution to avoid anything to do with TP-Link

Options
2022-05-31 03:03:44

Hello   @Dcrh111 

Thank you for reporting the case with us,  here is some update for model TL-WPA4220 V5 you could refer to below thread for the latest information 

[Solution] Powerline Extender Acting as the DHCP server

Options