MR3420 - port forwarding doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MR3420 - port forwarding doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
40 Reply
Re:MR3420 - port forwarding doesn't work
2013-04-13 18:27:39
Hello , i try to apply this firmware with my MR3420 v2 with E392 .. THE E392 ledS show that its connected .. but i dont have internet access via router "ethernet or wireless " ... WHY ? :(

i think my problem with modem e392 .. any one confirm the beta firmware work with him within the beta ?

cause i try to connect E173 with the beta one its work but not with e392 as i mention i dont have internet access .. also ping from the admin panel not work with e392 . and work with e173 :(

with Build 121206 firmware the both one works ..
Options
2013-05-01 11:27:49
Hi, I have this product with these details:

# From Control Panel:
Firmware Version: 3.13.27 Build 120905 Rel.73281n
Hardware Version: MR3420 v2 00000000

# From behind the device:
Ver: 2.2

# USB modem is UMTS Alcatel one touch X230L

# My Computer OS is linux 3.2.29

My Problem is port forwarding doesn't too, help me?

Thanks in Advance :)
Options
2013-05-01 16:20:49
I don't know your ISP and his restriction on WAN IP. In Poland all providers blocking network traffic to client. If you want public IP without restriction you have to buy "public APN" service.
Options
2013-05-01 16:23:19
Thanks for quick replay.
I live in KSA and my operator is STC.
Is there any website or tool to show me what services or ports are available for me via my ISP.
I used canyouseeme.org and the result was negative.
Even, I saw someone in KSA did that, but with Huawei 007 router and it's works!

^_^
Options
2013-05-01 16:35:59
You have to ask your ISP about these details (restriction and public IP). Sorry I don't know STC completely :(
Options
2013-05-01 16:57:21

jimasek wrote

You have to ask your ISP about these details (restriction and public IP). Sorry I don't know STC completely :(

OK, I will trying to contact my ISP to Solve this.
Finally, I appreciate your interest and concern.

May Allah blessing you brother, :)
Options
2013-05-11 02:34:52
Hi All,

I cannot believe that there is still no updated firmware (not even the beta I posted above has been made publicly available) by Tp-Link. I stumbled across a very good port of OpenWRT firmware that does wonders to the MR3420 and some other Routers. Been using it for two months now on two of my MR3420 V2 routers - an it runs perfect. They also added now a 3G/4G monitoring function to monitor monthly usage (there is still a small bug where the Total is not added correctly but will be fixed in the next release or if you read their thread one can fix the scrip on your own).

Have a look at the Huntsman version - latest version (BlackWidow was the previous version) .
Please note!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! before loading this firmware your HAVE to reset your TP-Link Router to factory default. If you missed this step, you will not be able to access the TP-Link Config page via the LAN cable, but will only be able to connect via Wifi with the default password written on the sticker on your Router (longish number) and then you can do a factory rest again and reload the new firmware.

The proper steps of how to load the OpenWRT firmware are on the website I pasted below and the bottom of the site.
Enjoy! This will create a proper router out of your hardware :-)

http://www.rfactory.org/OpenWRT/
Options
2013-05-11 03:10:07

markdoll01 wrote

Hi All,

I cannot believe that there is still no updated firmware (not even the beta I posted above has been made publicly available) by Tp-Link. I stumbled across a very good port of OpenWRT firmware that does wonders to the MR3420 and some other Routers. Been using it for two months now on two of my MR3420 V2 routers - an it runs perfect. They also added now a 3G/4G monitoring function to monitor monthly usage (there is still a small bug where the Total is not added correctly but will be fixed in the next release or if you read their thread one can fix the scrip on your own).

Have a look at the Huntsman version - latest version (BlackWidow was the previous version) .
Please note!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! before loading this firmware your HAVE to reset your TP-Link Router to factory default. If you missed this step, you will not be able to access the TP-Link Config page via the LAN cable, but will only be able to connect via Wifi with the default password written on the sticker on your Router (longish number) and then you can do a factory rest again and reload the new firmware.

The proper steps of how to load the OpenWRT firmware are on the website I pasted below and the bottom of the site.
Enjoy! This will create a proper router out of your hardware :-)

http://www.rfactory.org/OpenWRT/

Thanks for letting us know about the OpenWRT firmware. Does it also have something like "Access Control" where you can block specific domains and IPs at a scheduled time?
Options
2013-05-11 03:23:00
Hi Enigma,

To answer your question in short - No . Well it has normal Firewall rules so one can block access but not time specific. It does also have a field where you can put in custom iptable rules (linux firewall until). If you know your way around linux, you will be able to create an Access Control firewall on the router as for once you upgraded the firmware, you can ssh to the router and add custom cron firewall rules to apply only on certain times.

To aslo to mention - you can revert anytime back to the original TP-Link firmware by uploading the original release version of TP-Link to the router via the OpenWRT firmware update until and all is back to default (although I do not know why one would do that after seeing what the new version does :-) )
Options
2013-05-11 23:25:51

markdoll01 wrote

Hi Enigma,

Hello markdoll01 , same feeling here about no firmware updated for 3420 model .. iam using Huntsman version, for two of my routers also .. but i have Q did you figure out how to switch from 3g to 4g versa via luci ?

i tried another firmware that give me more options like external usb storage for system , you can found it here http://openwrt.agromapia.com/firmware/aarc1/

i think you visit this page before ? :rolleyes:
Options
Related Articles