Ethernet not working on deco?

Ethernet not working on deco?

42 Reply
Re:Ethernet not working on deco?
2021-12-23 15:45:26

@TP-Link I'm having a similar issue on my M5. I'm trying to connect new devices (philips hue bridge and apple tv) via ethernet and neither connect to the internet or become discoverable in the Deco app. I have IPTV enabled and am wondering if I can disable it since I do not subscribe to my ISP's live TV option.

Options
2021-12-24 03:26:12

@maxthemerman 

Hi, I think you might locate the problem.

Please disable the IPTV under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPTV/VLAN to see whether the issue could be solved.

Options
2022-01-21 09:14:29
Thanks so much!! I had IPTV enabled and was wondering why the second ethernet port on the main deco was not working!
Options
2022-04-23 10:48:51 - last edited 2022-04-23 10:51:11

@DanielSweet I have not found any serious issue but still think that bill checking might be cause. 

Options
2022-05-08 20:34:02 - last edited 2022-05-08 20:43:50

@TP-Link  One simple question

X20 Deco

Why "Main" Deco have 2 UTP ports since "without internet service" both ports become WAN ports ? This make no sense at all. 

User should can setup (on choice) which UTP port is WAN and which is LAN ... is about few line of code, why is so hard to fix this stupid problem ?

Options
2022-05-10 06:16:43

@Ronix73 

Welcome to the community.

Because the Ethernet ports on Deco support WAN/LAN auto-sensing. "Without internet service" might not be so accurate here and It should be "ISP modem could no longer provide an IP address to main Deco". So sometimes, even if the ISP service failed, the modem kept providing an IP address to Deco, Deco would still have one WAN port, and another LAN port. It is one of the unique working mechanisms of Deco and one benefit is that you don't need to replace the Deco if only the previous WAN port is broken since it has an alternative WAN port.

And the real cause here should be why the ISP modem suddenly failed, not why Deco is WAN/LAN auto-sensing.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-11 18:57:10

@David-TP 

My setup on Main Deco, I think like more users from here is:

1. One LAN port that become WAN for internet provider cable
  2. One LAN port is for one Switch (in my case with 24 ports)

Problem:

When Internet provider fail or something else happen with internet cable, any device connected on DECO wirelessly can no longer connect to any device connected to the Switch through cable. When internet service working again, everything back on normal.

Options
2022-05-12 01:45:21

@Ronix73 

Ronix73 wrote

@David-TP 

My setup on Main Deco, I think like more users from here is:

1. One LAN port that become WAN for internet provider cable
  2. One LAN port is for one Switch (in my case with 24 ports)

Problem:

When Internet provider fail or something else happen with internet cable, any device connected on DECO wirelessly can no longer connect to any device connected to the Switch through cable. When internet service working again, everything back on normal.

Hi, you are right and what you have summarized here is exactly what we have received from user feedback.

The design of WAN/LAN auto-sensing would not be changed in the short run but this mechanism needs to be smarter which is also what the senior engineers try to optimize gradually .

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-07 01:46:42

Hello all,

I had the same problem and this is how I SOLVED it!

The problem is with DNS. Use the default TP-Link DNS instead of your ISP. 

On your Deco app, go to More --> Advanced --> IPv4 --> Click Dynamic IP --> Uncheck Obtain DNS Automatically. 

For the Primary DNS, use 8.8.8.8

For the Secondary, use 8.8.4.4. 

After you save, almost immediately, the second ethernet port will work. If your PC still isn't getting internet, just do an ipconfig/all and make sure your pc is getting the 8.8.8.8 DNS from deco.

Options
2023-04-23 13:42:41
They have a bug ,so better try other than TP-LINK ,all time is a problem.I trow away all my WD 2400 due to impossible set up after getting red light and poor tech support who not solved nothing.
Options
Related Articles