2 Kasa cams KC200 on 2 different locations

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-25 16:23:28
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.2.36

I have the following actual configuration on 2 locations.

• Location 1

Deco M9 plus router (3 units)

1 KC200

• Location 2

Deco M9 plus router (2 units)

1 KC200

1 KC120

The location 2 is installed last week. When it was up and running for 1 day I noticed that the KC200 on location 1 was streaming no longer live video. The motion clips where also marked with an X in it. Sometimes I could see a static images on the second tab of the app with the overview of all camara's. I checked the wifi and it was OK. After cutting the power from the KC200 for a few seconds it was working again as it should be.

Today I noticed the same issue but now on Location 2 and also with the KC200.

Below a screenshot from the Kasa app from the KC200 that doesn't give live streaming.

When going to the overview it seems that the KC200 on location 2 is off line.

When closing the Kasa app and reopen it the KC200 is back on line but still not giving live streaming.

Before I installed Location 2 I had no issues with the KC200 on Location 1.

Any idea what the reason for this can be ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:2 Kasa cams KC200 on 2 different locations
2020-05-26 09:05:18

@Rob1960 

The issue you reported seems quite interesting, please help verify below information:

• Location 1

Deco M9 plus router (3 units)---Deco Network 1

1 KC200

1. How are the three Deco M9 Plus connected to each other? One works as the main unit and the other two are slaves? Is this Deco network working properly and you can access the internet?

2. Can you view the KC200 (what is the camera name of this KC200) when your phone is linked to this Deco network as well, which means watch the camera live locally?

• Location 2

Deco M9 plus router (2 units) ---Deco Network 2

1 KC200

1 KC120

1. How are these two Deco M9 Plus connected to each other? One works as the main unit and the other is the slave? Is this Deco network working properly and you can access the internet?

2. Can you view the KC200 and KC120 (what are the camera names of these two cameras) when your phone is linked to this Deco network as well, which means watch the cameras live locally?

Your issue is when you connect your phone to Deco Network 2 you cannot view the KC200 which is connected to Deco Network 1, or vice versa? Please try to change the DNS settings on the main Deco to 8.8.8.8 and check again.

Options
2020-05-26 10:10:23

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for your reply.

Both Deco networks are working with one main unit and 1 or 2 slave units.

Both Deco networks have internet connection. Ohter smart units which are connected to the Deco's are working fine and I can them access them remotely.

Camera KC200 name on Network 1 : 'Camera tuin'. I'm actually connected to this network and the camera works fine, also the motion clips are ok.

Camera KC120 name on Network 2 = 'Chalet living' : This one works fine

Camera KC200 name on Network 2 = 'Chalet outdoor' : This one gives static images on the app camera overview screen. When going to the live stream the screen blurs out and the camera go of line. When motion is detected I get a notification but I can't acces the video clip. After a few minutes an [X] apear on the video clip.

The KC200 camera on network 2 worked fine for more then a day, also when I'm connected to network 1.

Over the weekend I had the same issue but then with the KC200 connected to network 1. When I disconnected the KC200 from the main power and connected again it was working again correctly.

Options
2020-06-01 08:55:19

@Rob1960 

Do you mean this 'Chalet outdoor' now is connected to the Deco Network 1 and it is running properly? Please monitor this camera for days and check again if you connect it back to the Deco Network 2.

BTW, we will ask one of the engineers to contact you for further information and follow it up, kindly check your email and respond. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 747

Replies: 3