DECO M5 issues with CoAP messages

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO M5 issues with CoAP messages

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
24 Reply
Re:DECO M5 issues with CoAP messages
2021-03-10 21:22:38 - last edited 2021-03-10 21:23:40

Thanks for the quick reply! However, I don't see 1.5.3 available for the M9 on the TP link website?

Good to hear that they fixed it for the M5 though... hopefully that will also be implemented soon for the M9.

Options
2021-03-11 01:13:21

@tom.hilgerink 

Hi, could you please provide me more details about how the Deco M9 plus failed to work with Shelly devices, like unstable connection, or unable to connect the shelly with Deco M9 plus?

And did you use the third-party programs to control the shelly, like HomeBridge, HomeAssistant?

Since now the Deco M9 plus is on the access point mode, did you have the same issue without plugging the Deco?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-11 06:48:46
The shellies connection seem stable (enough) and I can connect with them fine. I use Homey (Athom) to control everything. The main problem is that deco can’t handle the CoAP messages between the shellies and the honeys in a stable way at all (like all other posts in this thread mention as well). Sometimes a message slips through instantly, sometimes it takes minutes or even half an hour or more. What do you mean with plugging the deco?
Options
2021-03-11 08:12:53

@tom.hilgerink 

Hi, I mean did you have the same issue when the Deco is no longer used, only the main Deco is powered on;

And for your case, I have forwarded it to the senior engineers already and hope you two could fix this issue very soon.

Thank you very much.

Options
Related Articles