Change wifi channel on Deco X60

Change wifi channel on Deco X60

81 Reply
Re:Change wifi channel on Deco X60
2021-05-14 11:08:28

And? Please be honest, will the firmware come or not? It's been almost a year.  

Options
2021-05-17 06:53:08

@Tummie555 

Hi, the latest firmware has added network optimization to improve the current wireless condition;

And we did not have a plan to allow manually selecting the wireless channels for Deco products;

the detailed reasons have been stated here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/210022?replyId=465338 

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-17 07:05:40

@TP-Link Okay, thanks for the clear and honest reply.

I maybe misunderstood this tp-link-support answer in this thread: "We have already noted all of your requests about choosing the wireless channels manually on the Deco system and they have been forwarded to the developers, they will publish new official firmware in the near future, not too long to wait"

Options
2021-05-17 08:17:47

I am struggling with this too. Deco has dropped my wifi from band 11 to band 1..  probably because fewer local wifi nets are on lower channels... However I know my old kitchen microwave causes interference on band 1... so now everything dies or bandwidth becomes unusable when food is being cooked... Sarcastically though - Thanks tp-link for deciding what is best for me..PS.. My whole home tech setup is built on tp-link products & this failure of the Deco software is MY BIGGEST ANNOYANCE. Even the cheapest basic routers have had the ability to manually select wifi settings since the dawn of time 😱... Come on tp-link help your loyal intelligent customers please .. 

Options
2021-06-27 11:17:34
The Deco Lab WiFi assistent tells me it would be better to switch to Channel 48. Why does it advise me to do something impossible and if it is so smart why does it not do it it self I think this is stupid.
Options
2021-09-10 17:39:16

@TP-Link_Deco at least allow us to limit the channels it picks. I'm in the EU area so 1 to 13 is available, however my Ring doorbell only works with channels 1 to 11. The network optimisation keeps picking channel 13, which means my doorbell is unable to connect to my WiFi at all.

I've ended up using an old access point just to work with the doorbell, but this defeats one reason why I decided to go mesh.

Options
2021-10-04 02:22:36

Hello all! I want to join the club that wants to be able to set channels. I would prefer this basic setting more then to be able to check my network while on the road.

For this ,not so handy, 'feature' TPlink opens a doorway to the big bad internet. Nowhere it tells you that you will always have a TCP port open and cannot do anything about it!

In comparison to Apple airports, oh man. I missing out the option to extend WIFI, like you claim the deco x60 would do in accespoint mode. Well it doesnot.

Thanks for all support, but when the base is broken....

Al

Options
2021-10-15 14:15:08

@BozMoz 

Ya,  pretty disappointing product when you think of other mesh solutions out there.

Options
2021-10-15 14:59:30
swearing will not help. I understand your and many others frustration. Dont let them get ya! I will gladly sell the whole system for half price.... ;)
Options
2021-11-02 15:12:02

@Dissing This is unacceptable that manufacture tries to keep user UNDER CONTROL by disabling simple and basic administration options on network.

Big disappointment!

Options
Related Articles