Change wifi channel on Deco X60

Change wifi channel on Deco X60

80 Reply
Re:Change wifi channel on Deco
2021-11-02 15:24:18

@TP-Link_Deco 

I have been using Deco as main network solution for many customers recently.

Unfortunately some of them facing network dropping as the result of interruptions in WiFi channel and DECO couldn't solve it by himself.

I have to be able to measure and choose manually a channel to prevent interruptions.

If you can not give a fast and logical solution, I have to stop using DECO  professionally and this is very unfortunate for me and end user and generally for TP-Link.

Would you please offer a proper solution ASAP?

Thanks for being kind enough to spear me from unnecessary speech about firmware update and the advantages of restricts on a very basic networking option.

Options
Re:Change wifi channel on Deco
2021-11-05 19:30:14

@MCSE I don't believe in threatning. Just do it, ;)

MIssing USB(-c) ports on deco's and maybe an audio output for sending music to receiver. That option I really use often with Apple

Consider this thing then, if you want full control over for example parental control, TPlink makes you pay a monthly fee! CRAZY... Why are they this expensive and not be fully operational intentsionally to make some extra $$. Bet they make their employeees being VAXXED, jabbed and silinced!

Still, I have bought the ADSL modem AX1800. (to be able to extend the wifi 6 signal) AND waiting for the Deco X80-5g to be available. Still not selling my Apple airport extremes. 

Anyone has an alternative that is not in prices of 4 number digits?

Options
Re:Change wifi channel on Deco X60
2021-12-01 15:20:24

@TP-Link_Deco 

This is very basic need. I am really in shock to find that I am unable to segregate 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz bands as separate Wifi? Your point of seamless provider via Mesh requirement is for seamless in a specific band (unless user wants handoffs between bands) and not seamless interchange of bands when not required. 2.4 GHz is so slow, from 300 Mbps for 5 Ghz, it goes down to 40 or 50 mbps , someitmes only 10 mbps. My devices sometimes automatically are latching to 2.4, even though 5 GHz is available. Moreover, I can't even change the Channel for each band. 

Further more, if I try to have my guest wifi on with 2.4 GHz, and have 2.4 Ghz devices latch on to that (like my HP Printer), the devices like laptop/ mobile which are connected to core Wifi SSID are unable to detect the printer connected to Guest WiFi. It is treating as two complete separate WiFi.

How can Deco be so immature and raw in your software? At least copy the feature from AX etc, if your engineers are unable to code for Deco? Let me know how do I resolve my issue? Or else I will be forced to return it, as I just purchased X60 from Costco over Thanksgiving, and I am in my return period.

Options
2022-01-17 08:24:16 - last edited 2022-01-17 08:25:56

@TP-Link_Deco  For the love of god, get us out of this misery and let us choose our damn channels.

Options
2022-01-18 06:42:24

@UnhappyDecoUser 

Why do you want to change the channel? And Do you have any issues with the current channel?

Can you send feedback via Deco APP>Help>contact us>suggestions to the engineers?

Options
2022-01-18 07:43:02

@TP-Link I'm running a smart home with almost 100 smart devices in my home. Right now I am stuck on channel 5 for 2.4ghz WiFi which is congested af but I need to be able to freely go to either channel 6 or better still 11 for my devices to maintain stable connection. It's like buying a TV that only let's you watch the channels it thinks are best for you. What gives? My TV, my choice. My router, my choice. 

Options
2022-01-19 20:49:36

@TP-Link  Why should he do that...? This is such an old thread, this should be done when the first complaint got in. imho

Options
2022-02-14 12:22:40

@TP-Link_Deco there is an issue with automatic selection, in my case it selects channel 13 and there are many wifi devices (especially from USA like smart LED bubs, smart light strips, wifi speakers, ip home cameras) that do not support channel 13. u mentioned the benefits of having a clean auto selection yet i paid for an expensive deco mesh yet i cant get my wifi devices to run it. i switched back to old router till i can find a solution. pls provide a way to overcome this automatic selection. 

another question my deco unit is from UAE,  do deco units sold in USA also support channel 13? if not, then if i add a deco unit to the mesh from USA, then it will foce the whole mesh t avoid channel 13? let me know if its a poosible solution and whether there are any other solutions to overcome this 

thx

Options
2022-02-15 03:36:12

@tshahin 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback the US version would not support channel 12/13 on 2.4ghz.

I see the model of your Deco is Deco X20-DSL under your TP-Link ID, is it right?

What are the models of these smart home devices that failed to connect to 2.4ghz?

Can I have some screenshots when Deco is on channel 13?

Later I would also like to follow up on your case by email and please check whether you could get an email from me.

Thank you again.

Options
2022-02-15 09:15:13

@TP-Link thx for the reply, i received also an email support ticket TKID220215759 on the issue.

i am using a Deco X20-DSL from UAE, and i intend to add deco X60 units (purchased from US). i understand the mesh must same fchannel for all units, so does this mean adding the X60s from USA will restrict the auto mode from selecting ch 13? this can be a solution else i will have to avoid using the Deco X20-DSL and use only Decos from US to avoid the situation entirely.

im sure u know US devices only support channels 1-11 as per FCC, i have LIFX led bubs/light strips. also IP cameras from Trendnet that are FCC regulated. and i checked their online specifications to confirm.

what i did, i powered up the old router and manually selected CH13 and placed it next to deco to create a CH13 interference. rebooted the deco and it went to a different channel, the wifi devices all joined smoothly. attached picture with CH13, SSID tshahin

this may work temporarily until a reboot or power cycle which may AUTO switch back to ch13.

pls consider a FW upgrade where u an either select a region like USA which limits channels to 1-11 or consider manual freq selection. and finally will adding Decos from USA to the mesh  limit channels to 1-11 and fix the problem. given i use the Deco X20-DSL as the main deco.

File:
ch.13.deco.x20.dsl.jpgDownload
Options
Related Articles