Change wifi channel on Deco X60

Change wifi channel on Deco X60

81 Reply
Re:Change wifi channel on Deco X60
2022-09-26 08:30:51 - last edited 2022-09-26 08:34:49

@David-TP 

Hi David, I don't have that option, at least in the version of the app that is currently available on iOS in Australia. This is from the app on a Mac, but its was the identical version on my phone, and it had just received the app update from 4 days ago this morning.

After extensive hunting through the forum, I found a solution in the form of the the update Deco TestFlight app which has the functionality to reenable it, so it's fixed and I've provided the feedback back to TPLink support on what I did.

Bit disappointed overall with tech support except from you at this point - the two I spoke to didn't believe me, and the online chat was adamant it wasn't possible that I'd seen what I'd seen despite describing almost exactly what it was.

Would be interested to know what version of the app you've sent the image of, as I have version 2.14.24 and that's the latest available outside of TestFlight.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly with a response even if it didn't turn out to work.

Options
2022-09-26 08:46:02

@StrixinHi, I am on 2.14.24 IOS as well and maybe I forget mentioning one step.

You might need to click WiFI SSID or password/security to go to the next page and it is on the same page(the bottom) where you change the SSID name and password.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-26 08:56:31

@David-TP Ah! Amazing! You are 100% correct. That's about the only thing I didn't think to click as I was frantically trying to fix my screw up today because it didn't look clickable. Weird the other tech support didn't know this was a thing.

The follow up question though - I turned off "automatic switching between channel width" which was part of the notification I got this morning. Is there anywhere to turn that back on?

Legend, thank you!

Options
2022-09-26 11:32:52

@Strixin 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

So far I haven't found anywhere that you could enable "automatic switching between channel width". But I believe this notification would pop up again if there is a radar interference later.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-15 02:19:00

@David-TP Are you still able to configure with the updated app?

It seems my DECO's are for the US region, however, I live in AU.  I am stuck on channel 40 and 2 5G/2.4G respectively...

Options
2022-11-15 02:20:07

@thomas- 

Running latest TestFlight App Version 3.0.46 (496)

Options
2023-02-14 13:03:05

@Dissing I really wish I found this thread before buying X60 x 3 units of this for $300+, a such a simple thing as changing your channel is not part of this and I was so close to Orbi, I stupidly enough didn't do my research about the channels because I just expected such expensive hardware would obviously have a very easy click in an app to change channel just like my oldest of routers that are ancient. Orbi has it

https://community.netgear.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/22508i7262B9F5DE0D4E5C/image-size/large?v=v2&px=999

It's 2023, it's still not here, this thread started in 2020, it tells me its not coming. 

Options
2023-02-14 13:52:37
TP Link have made it pretty clear that there is no intention to add the change channel facility. Whether my Deco's band selection algorithm got better - my background interference levels changed - or some other factor came into play I cannot say for sure - BUT the number of times the wifi 'plays up' has massively diminished over the last 12 months, to the point that I cannot remember the last time it happened.. Again this is probably not related in any way at all but a couple of 5G telecom masts have been erected quite nearby.... perhaps 5G is actually good. Overall I don't regret the purchase of the Deco mesh units - especially now that they are better behaved.
Options
2023-02-23 11:33:35

@David-TP wooow! Heavy stuff!

thx for a thorough explanation.

I see, this article is really old. 

I'm a new Deco user and faced this problem with changing channels.

However, why don't you allow users to choose whether they use automatic or manual channel selection?

And add this explanation of yours to the manual.... like it's at your own risk!

At least users will be happy to be able to make a choice.

Options
2023-02-23 19:26:27
Because TP-Link only is interested in selling Garbage and give two updates for one Product and then it will get EOL. I still have hope to find openwrt image for x60 and update then nobody want‘s to buy mine x60
Options
Related Articles