[Solution] Fixed the internet unstable connection issue with my Archer C6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[Solution] Fixed the internet unstable connection issue with my Archer C6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
79 Reply
Re:【Resolved Solution】Fixed the internet unstable connection issue with my Archer C6
2020-09-08 04:59:27
Options
Re:【Resolved Solution】Fixed the internet unstable connection issue with my Archer C6
2020-09-08 04:59:47
Options
2020-09-08 05:00:00
Options
2020-09-08 05:48:30

@LordA 

Hello, BETA firmware not work for me. Router crash after few hours or days completely, restart needed. I am back on latest firmware with 2.4GHz issue :-(

Options
2020-09-08 06:15:34
That is very strange... I've been rocking this firmware in the office and 20+ clients are all happy so far. No disconnects or mysterious things happening.
Options
2020-09-12 19:24:13

@DeLiYocoo I'm probably having the same problem with my Archer C6 v2

Here is video of the issue.

It seems like it's working for couple of seconds, then it loses connection. I can load first 10 sec of YouTube video or first few of FB posts, but then it's so slow.
I have latest Firmware and I tried to restore to factory defaults several times. Sometimes it works and sometimes everyone at the same time is having this problem. Wired and 5GHz connected devices are working fine all the time.
Has anyone solved this problem for good?

Options
2020-09-18 06:46:55

@DeLiYocoo thank so much for the info. I brought brand new AX6, every other day it requires renew from ISP, how stupid? Firmware is updated, now we all have to ask that senior engineer for beta firmware? Hello TP head? 

Options
2020-09-18 12:29:54

I am facing the same issue with the same model. I tried to contact the tech guys through their helpline number but the call never got connected to any engineer. I have just sent them an email regarding the same. Hope to get this issue resolved soon.

Options
2020-10-01 18:36:39
has anyone been able to solve these problems with the C6 router? I have disconnections from the 2,4 and 5 network. Speed ​​drops in both networks and I also have the problem of duplicate networks where a "hidden network" appears. It is the fourth time that I reset the factory.
MY version is v2 US and there is no current firmware.
Options
2020-10-07 02:05:02

LordA wrote

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202005/20200507/Archer%20C6(EU)_V2_200507_beta.zip

This is the only firmware that has been stable so far. I would recommend anyone to try this one (source: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/208968)

I have always been able to revert back to this particular BETA firmware and it has been worked nicely ever since I first tried it.

I've tried the very latest and the versions in between... No luck!

1.3.5 (latest) had instant problems with intermittent disconnects when pinging sites.

Really stupid situation where stable firmware is unusable! It's been months!

i had installed this beta firmware for a few weeks now. the wifi signal strength may drop down to 1 bar randomly but it does not disconnect.

For 2.4Ghz wifi, i set the channel width to 20Mhz. For 5Ghz wifi, i set the channel width to 40Mhz.

Options