TpPLC utility for Mac OS X?!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TpPLC utility for Mac OS X?!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:TpPLC utility for Mac OS X?!
2020-07-16 22:13:36

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for your reply.  The two devices for which I am trying to update the firmware are both Model TL-PA9020P(US) hardware version 4.0.  They are currently functioning on my home electrical system with the (Confidential -- Only For Test) tpPLC utility indicating data rates of between 80 and 120 Mbps.  One of the devices is connected via an ethernet cable to a late-model Apple Airport Extreme access point that is wirelessly connected (bridge mode) to another similar Apple Airport Extreme to which my Mac is connected via ethernet.

I have only one Mac computer.  The issue with the window disappearing immediately when running the application occurred when I had two instances of what appeared to be the same tpPLC utility V1.2.3596.1 installed at the same time.  I initially did not uninstall the previous instance in case I wanted to revert back to it and initially not knowing that they would be identical.  Now that I again have only one instance of V1.2.3596.1 tpPLC installed, the window does not disappear.

I didn't see your response before updating my Mac today; so it is now at macOS Catalina 10.15.6.  I just tried again to install the same .ggl firmware file mentioned earlier, but it is still giving me the same "Update failed." error.

Best regards,

AndreasW

Options
2020-07-25 22:13:38

I have 3 TL-PA4010's and like others, the official version just quits when running it in Catalina.  I downloaded the beta and I have some access.  I can change settings in the Basic page, such as renaming.  But I cannot change any setting on the Advanced settings tab, including updating the firmware.

Options
2020-07-26 16:23:57 - last edited 2020-07-26 16:37:36

Hi, I've downloaded the tpPLC app and beta and it works with very limited functionality. All I see are the devices and the network speed. I can change the network name, but that is a about it. I can't manage anything. I am running Mac OS 10.15.5. My power line system is a TL-PA9020P v3.1. This is quite a disapointement. Are all the TP-Link support products limited in Mac environment ? 

Regards, 

EdeC

Options