Slow & Unstable Archer AX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow & Unstable Archer AX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
44 Reply
Re:Slow & Unstable Archer AX50
2020-11-05 01:22:04
@Kevin_Z The suggestions you made earlier were the exact same ones that were suggested in June (check page 1 of this thread) when I first reported the problem (& a few others faced the similar problem). The recommended settings have been set since DAY 2 of my setting up of the router and THERE HAS BEEN NO IMPROVEMENT. Looking forward to a real solution.
Options
2020-11-18 01:46:34 - last edited 2020-11-18 01:47:50

@IzK I've had similar issues.  Slow and very unstable Archer AX50.  After hours of consulting with TP customer support team and without reaching any resolution, I finally gave up. I returned my router back to Amazon for a partial refund (had to pay restocking fee).  Otherwise my AX50 would have been just a paper weight.  

Options
2020-11-18 06:16:57

@T111 i know exactly what you mean... TP-Link's tech support is FAR from ideal... The moment a negative comment is posted, they will get you to get busy with providing config, details, etc... but issues are never solved. I'm glad that you managed to get a return... i didn't (bought it from a retailer whilst they were running a promotion). Having to live with it ever since... i just need a little excuse/justification to replace it (only about 5 months old) with an Acer unit!

Options
2020-12-07 03:11:05 - last edited 2020-12-07 03:12:43

@IzK is your problem solved? I've faced the same problem as you mentioned with AX50. 

Subscribed 500mbps from my ISP. 
LAN connection speed (Cat 5e) - got me 300mbps 

WiFi speed (stand beside router) - 180mbps - 210mbps 

but when I turn off AX signal (b/g/n/ac - on) my speed has boosted to 450mbps (80mhz) 

so I guess is AX signal problem? I not quite sure tho. This machine is WiFi 6 machine but I have to use it on AC 😅😅 

by the way, I am using intel(r) wifi-6 AX200 160mhz internet hardware. 

*my Archer C5v give me 515mbps on LAN connection* and a 200-400 mbps wifi connection with a room away. 

Options
2020-12-13 12:56:07
Hi @WilsonV, NOPE! They DID NOT get back to me after once again asking me for screenshots of "this & that". You should be getting 'high 400Mbps' when doing a throughput test via ethernet. So, I would conclude similarly that the AX is causing the prob. But a solution is not forthcoming at all. *sigh* Rgds, IzK
Options
2021-01-13 09:27:03

@Kevin_Z Everyone has been very clear about the issue, what has not been so clear is the response of TP-Link - this router is sold under false advertising - There is not one person on this sit eor any other which achieves the speeds falsely advertised on your AX50 product - I have thrown mine away and accepted that you have robbed me of £100.

I wont be purchasing any further TP-link equipment due to the inability of its engineers to resolve significant performance issues with their equipment.

Options
2021-01-14 14:25:27
You probably didnt test USB performance in order to see how worse the problem is there. Almost under the performance of USB 2.0 standards.
Options
2021-01-23 21:55:39 - last edited 2021-01-23 22:01:05

I had similar problems with WiFi 6 speeds being capped at around 200mbps, around half of the expected 500mbps download speed from my ISP and verified before I installed the new router. I found that setting QoS back to standard, resetting bandwidth limit to 1000mbps up/down and removing any device priority in the webconfig restored my speeds back to normal on 5ghz ax . I then did further testing with correct bandwidth settings and find that setting the QoS profile to any of the other types resulted in instant bandwidth drop (as recorded by speedtest.net) and was reproduced each time I switched. Using AX50 with v1.09 firmware installed. I suspect the router is throttling high bandwidth download connections (used in speedtest) to prioritise other traffic but seems too aggressive or there is a bug in the QoS bandwidth limits. All testing carried out with Samsung S10e if it helps.

Options
2021-01-24 17:44:20

Hello all, hello TP-link,

Any progress on that ? Is there at least any news firmware in the pipe ?

I am in the same situation, having tested with brand new laptop with AX WiFi and it's impossible to get better than 300Mbps in DL, since I get more than 900 (1Gpbs cable modem) using ethernet. 

So, I'm in the same situation than others. (tried also all the scenario w/o QoS, reset, bla bla bla...) 

Basically I have the same perfs than with 2013's Asus router, for which I was also having more settings/conf possibilities.

So my question is, since we won't have WPA3, OneMesh and we are in front of poor WiFi perf, could we ask TP Link for a replacement (RMA with another product ?), voucher, anything so would show that you are taking care of our customers. 

This product is a mistake, it happens, but do something pls. 

I could go back and ask for a refund to my local reseller, telling him that there is a problem and it's not working at home. What if they tell me : "we do not see any issue ?" they would be about right...

Options
2021-04-16 01:20:37

I am having the same issue, the AX50 keeps dropping the connection many times and seem from the post, there is something wrong with the AX50 router and I do not see any solution from TP link at all.

First time using TP-Link and saw the advertisement with all the great features but seem hardware/software is very unstable and no fix at all.

Options
Related Articles