One mesh for AX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

One mesh for AX50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:One mesh for AX50
2020-12-13 03:31:16

@Kevin_Z Goodday,

i'm from Holland, when i bought this router it was "assured" by TP-Link that "full/one mesh" would be supported (as you and your colleagues so willingly admitted as such over the internet, but "heck, stront happens and stuff changes", so it's easy to ask me to contact my reseller (i did, he said: nope).
TP-Link as a manufacturer is responsible in Europe, not me or any consumer or even a reseller.

TP-LINK IS 100% accountable, so i suggest you step of your high horse, and fix this problem soon, because i'm more then happy to spend another few emails to your company, but if you operate in Europe, you have to follow their laws.......

Only thing i can reply with i can think off.... "Heck, stront happens and stuff changes" once your trade license in Europe is revoked.

And now i'm gonna buy myself, well, don't know yet, i do know that i'll take a sledgehammer to my AX50 and kiss him goodnight.

Options
Re:One mesh for AX50-Solution
2020-12-16 02:11:56 - last edited 2021-06-03 02:34:22

@Style 

Hello, thank you for asking again. Unfortunately, as we replied to others on the community that the Archer AX50 will not receive an update to OneMesh, it might be limited by the chipset, but we cannot understand more with the technical limitations or feasibility.

May I know when and where did you purchase it? Have you contacted the local tech support to confirm this? If not yet, we suggest you contact the local tech support to check if they can help with anything about this issue.

Have a nice day.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-12-26 20:44:56

@Kevin_Z This is so disappointing. I purchased your AX3000 along with the RE505X extender earlier this year.  TP-Link advertised them as mesh capable with a coming firmware upgrade.  I am just learning these statements were inaccurate, and it is now past the retailer's return date.  What recourse do I have to swap your mislabeled router with one of your mesh-compatible AX routers?

Please put yourself in my shoes, Kevin.  This is not an unreasonable request.  I simply believed what TP-Link stated about the product.  Thank you.

Options
2020-12-28 01:13:37

@Gotterfunken57 

Terribly sorry for that inconvenience caused as the firmware release plan changed.

As always mentioned when replying to our customers related to purchase advice, we don't suggest our customers buy a product just based on the 'coming soon' or 'will support it' features as plans always change, buy something for sure.

Back to your case, you may consult with the local support and confirm if they can help with concern:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options
2021-05-21 19:47:40

@Kevin_Z 

It's sad that we’re in 2021 and a “premium brand new” router won't support this feature when cheaper TP-link models already do. I’ll surely remember this when people ask me for router recommendations and for my future purchases. Extremely dissatisfied with the company.

Options
2021-06-02 22:38:23

@Kevin_Z Hello, I recognize that you are an employee, and not individually responsible for these decisions, but as the company's rep on this forum I must direct my question to you. You have repeatedly stated "we don't suggest our customers buy a product just based on the 'coming soon' or 'will support it' features as plans always change". Which begs the question, if your coming soon claims are not there to encourage the purchase of a device then why the f***k are they there in the first place? This truly does smack of false advertising, and in some countries at least, there are laws about that. I certainly hope that rather than simply issuing blanket apologies, you are in fact communicating up the chain just how pissed off many of TP-Link's customers are about this. 

Options
2021-06-03 06:05:18

@Grreg 

We did report the Onemesh request to the related department, however, this is limited by the chipset / hardware now, thus it cannot get the Onemesh implement.

You can report this to the local tech support as well, to check if they can help with this situation.

Options
2021-06-05 08:46:18

@Kevin_Z 

That is absolutely, outrageously, unacceptable. I also purchased this router with the idea of using onemesh once we move houses (for network coverage extension). 

Options
2021-06-20 19:46:12

@Kevin_Z 

Some of us purchased the AX50 due to the fact that it was advertised as it will support one mesh, now TP link says it is not getting the one mesh support. You can see why we are very upset about this as we would not have purchased this router if that sentence of support comming soon wasn't on the product page. If you were planning to do the firmware upgrade to the AX50 when the statement was on the product page and it wasn't just false advertising then I understand that things don't always work out as it should, that said, the fact that we bought the router for a purpose that it cant be used for as promised now. To be reasonable and fair to your clients I think that you must either exchange it with one with similar specs that support one mesh or give a partial refund/coupon to buy a new one as we do feel cheated as this point. 

Options
2021-06-21 02:42:07

@L0uis 

Hi, sorry for any misunderstanding was caused by the "coming soon" advertisement before, as for this, we actually published a thread here:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/224142

If the Onemesh feature is the key function that you are requiring for, it is suggested reaching out to the local tech support to check if they can do anything on this:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options
Related Articles