Deco X60 shows disconnected in app, yet unit has a solid green light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X60 shows disconnected in app, yet unit has a solid green light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
110 Reply
Re:Deco X60 shows disconnected in app, yet unit has a solid green light
2020-07-07 07:03:21

@imikem 

Hello, what is the software you are trying to decompress the file? If possible, try a different one.

When you log into the web UI of the Deco X60 and choose this decompressed file, will it upload? There should be no issue as we have tested again.

Options
2020-07-08 14:35:25 - last edited 2020-07-08 14:39:51

@TP-Link_Deco I successfully applied the beta firmware yesterday.  It worked well for about 24 hours.  At this moment, one of my slaves is showing "Disconnected from other Decos."

To answer your questions:

1) All devices are connected to my wireless network.  It appears that any device that may have been connected to the "disconnected slave" have gone over to another Deco.

2) All Deco devices have a solid green light.  My master and one slave Deco show as "online" in the Deco app.  The second slave shows as "Disconnected".

I logged into the web app, and it shows the exact same thing for all 3 Deco units as well.  Master and Slave are fine.  Second slave is red.

The beta firmware has not fixed my issue.

Options
2020-07-08 16:13:45 - last edited 2020-07-08 16:15:24

@imikem @TP-Link_Deco 

TP-LINK Engineer just reported to me they found something related in the logs after running two days diagnostics on my system. 

And this morning when I woke up one of my decos were disconnected from the other decos even though it was still giving a green light.

They are working on a new beta firmware to adress it, so hopefully they are on the right track. 

We'll just have to see. Should have it by tomorrow most likely.

Options
2020-07-08 17:45:58

@Archen If they email you directly, please post the link to the firmware here.  I'd like to be a second tester as well.

Options
2020-07-08 20:06:06

I'm wondering now if a faster and better fix will be returning this and buying a different set...

Options
2020-07-08 21:27:50
Sure thing, hopefully a new official firmware is around the corner. If not, Ill also return it and grab another system. But at this point they are doing what they can imo.
Options
2020-07-09 12:26:47

@Archen 

I have an update. After 3 weeks of putting up with the Deco I have decided to return it and have just installed the Google nest system. It's superior on all levels imo. Working perfectly 👌

I suggest you do the same as the Deco was a nightmare with two of the slave units constantly unresponsive. 

Options
2020-07-10 08:02:10 - last edited 2020-07-10 08:03:08

@imikem 

I have tested a new beta firmware that they released 07072020, and it's making my system stable for now. 

Only monitoring one day so far, so will know if they really fixed it after the weekend. 

As I cannot upload files here and I guess you should get the firmware directly from TP_link maybe @TP-Link_Deco can send it to you for tests?

Options
2020-07-10 11:35:33
Options
2020-07-10 12:19:11

@imikem 

Hi, actually I have posted in this thread already days before, please check again:

"Hello all, update the beta firmware!

We have released a new beta firmware to solve this Deco X60 disconnecting issue you reported and here is the download link:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202007/20200709/Deco_X60_V1_1.2.4_200707_RE_offline.zip

This firmware can be uploaded into the Deco X60 via its web UI:

How to Update the Firmware of Deco

Note: It is suggested to restart all the Deco X60 in your network before uploading this beta firmware.

After the firmware is uploaded successfully, please monitor the performance and keep me update with the result.

If this beta firmware doesn't solve your disconnecting issue, please let me know:

1. Please check the Deco X60 firmware and ensure it is the latest version (1.2.4 200707).

What are the devices/phone behaviors, are they still showing connected but no internet or they just quit/fail to connect?

2. What are the Deco LEDs status, are all still showing solid green? How about the display on the Deco app, are all online or disconnected?"

Thanks.

Options