Best antenna position

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Best antenna position

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Best antenna position
Best antenna position
2013-01-29 21:17:30
Region : Netherlands

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 121225

ISP :

I bought this router to replace my WNDR3700v1 (by Netgear).

Although on short distance the Netgear is outperformed, on the other site of the house the 2,4GHz signal is lost often (where the Netgear would still work).
Both routers are located on the same location (not simultaneously) and settings are identical (channel, band, security, etc.).

I was wondering if I could get more performance out of the TP-Link by positioning the antennas in different angles. Does anyone have recommandations? All antennas were positioned vertically and I also tried having the outer antennas under 30 degrees.

Or are there any other options that I haven’t thought of (any way to increase the transmission power)?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Best antenna position
2013-01-30 15:29:07
WDS bridge is a considerable option. But not sure whether the netgear router can support WDS or not...
I found this guide:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=440
Options
Re:Best antenna position
2013-01-30 20:55:57
Thanks for the reply, by "replace" I meant "instead of". I don't want both devices working next to eachother.
I'm familair with WDS :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 889

Replies: 2

Related Articles