Using Deco with Load balancers and gigabit switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-11 07:41:46
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey, 

So I have purchased the Tp-Link TL-ER6120 VPN Router which is a load balancing router, and along with that a Deco M4 pack of 3, both of which should be arriving soon. I have also acquired a gigabit smart switch and my whole house is wired.  Just a little background: I have 2 internet connections, both from the same ISP, who has provided me with locked modem/routers which I cannot put in bridge mode, or change DHCP settings for, the only thing I can do is change the SSID and password. Furthermore, the ISP also uses CGNAT. I am curious about how the setup of connecting the 2 ISPs to the load balancing router, which will then be connected to the deco, which will be connected to the gigabit switch running ethernet backhauls to the other decos will work. Is it possible to disable the DHCP server on the load balancing router and the deco and use it? What are my options? Is it possible to disable NAT on the load balancing router and use it? Will I run into multiple NAT issues? I'm really confused and any help is appreciated. I have also attached 2 graphics of the 2 setups I'm considering, the first with the deco in router mode and the second with the deco in AP mode. 

File:
Screenshot 2020-07-11 at 1.09.59 PM.pngDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Using Deco with Load balancers and gigabit switch
2020-07-30 07:51:43

@PrateetD 

Hello,

Thanks for all the details.

Firstly, I'm afraid there is no way to disable the NAT setting on the ER6020, so there will be double or triple NAT in your network if configuring the main Deco as a router. But actually, in the 2 graphics you've provided the main Deco can be configured as an Access Point, so both network layout should be OK.

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2076

Replies: 1

Related Articles