Mike Clifford

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mike Clifford

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Mike Clifford
Mike Clifford
2020-07-16 00:06:24

Good morning - well it is in UK :)

I Am about to upgrade my powerline adapters as they are beginning to play tricks on me and I Am looking at a recommended TPLink sysytem. The 1000 mbps seems to be tha norm and I Am lookig at wi-fi extension too as I live in a Victorian house with VERY thick internal walls.

Can you suggest a system - I am looking at the TL-WPA7510 KIT as a starter BUT I need 4 Ethernet connections in 4 different rooms and cannot see anything other than the kit mentioned which appeaers to have one 'main' unit and a second 'slave'. The 'main'unit will be set up about 24 inches from the router.

Would 2 of these kits do the job? Would there be any pairing problems?

I hope you can advise me. Many thanks.

Mike Clifford

puternut1953@outlook.com

Options
3 Reply
Re:Mike Clifford
2020-07-16 06:20:55

@puternut 

Hi, for your issue, please take the below answers.

May I know if your whole house use the same power electrical meter?

Since our powerline devices can only work under the same power electrical meter.

If your whole house is, you can use the powerline device without issue.

You need 4 Ethernet connections in 4 different rooms, which means you need 5 units to use together.

One is a main adapter which is connected to the router and send the internet, the other four units are used as receiver and provide internet for your devices.

Of course, you can buy two kits of TL-WPA7510 KIT and use together.

Please don't worry. All of our new powerline devices can be paired together without issue.

Note : If the AV1000 powerline product and AV600 powerline product is used together, their powerline rate will be limited to 600Mbps.

Hope it can help you.

Have a nice day!

Options
2020-07-16 11:00:52

@puternut 

The whole house is fed from a single electric meter YES

I am a little confused as to why I need five adapters as the 4 connections will be #1 an Ethernet connection to the router, #2 to PC number 1, #3 to PC 2 and #4 as a possible Ethernet but proably to a laptop/phone via wi-fi.

All new powerline equipment will be TPLink 1000 so as not to throttle any downloading.

Many thanks

Mike Clifford

Options
2020-07-17 01:00:13

@puternut 

Oh, I am sorry. I misunderstood your requirements.

Since you said: " I am looking at the TL-WPA7510 KIT as a starter BUT I need 4 Ethernet connections in 4 different rooms ", I thought you may need one adapter and additional four extenders in four different rooms.

If you need 1 an Ethernet connection to the router, #2 to PC number 1, #3 to PC 2 and #4 as a possible Ethernet but probably to a laptop/phone via Wi-Fi, you only need four units. That's right! And the two kit TL-WPA7510KIT can handle it.

Hope this information would help better.

Have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 3