Deco M5 wifi channel change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 wifi channel change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
42 Reply
Re:Deco M5 wifi channel change
2020-11-29 14:27:15
re: channels 12-13 not in US Excellent reason to at least have 'exclusion' band control. Perhaps, in addition, would be to have 'preferences' of channel selection. Others have mentioned devices which only can connect on specific channels; accommodating those could also be done by providing for a list of 'excluded' channels. (Both for 2.4 and 5.)
Options
2021-01-03 22:34:10
It is using my most, by far, congected channel and I am receiving network errors from some of my devices. Had I known channel selection was not an option, I ewould not have purchased this equipment.
Options
2021-01-03 22:34:19
It is using my most, by far, congected channel and I am receiving network errors from some of my devices. Had I known channel selection was not an option, I ewould not have purchased this equipment.
Options
2021-01-03 22:37:17
where is this firmware thatyou speak of? Obviously your current firmware does not work as advertised because the channel being used is crowded and causing issues with my bandwidth.
Options
2021-01-03 22:41:32
funny, mine is connected to channel 4, most crowded with other neighbors routers causing issues.
Options
2021-01-03 23:01:18
Try rebootiing the mesh; that may then choose a different set of channels. To do so in the App: Click on the "Internet" symbol => Select the "Main Deco" device => click on the "3 dots" in the upper right, then, finally, select "Reboot".
Options
2021-02-13 06:00:35
1. The device does not choose the best channel. It chooses the same, single channel no matter what. 2. The app's own wifi analyzer notes that they're is significant interference. 3. Both of these are seemingly incompatible with your stated assertion on function. Please clarify.
Options
2021-03-19 22:10:20

@TP-Link_Deco and what is the function of "the network optimization" feature in the Deco M5 app?  Isn't it to decongest the wifi channel and change the channel?

Options
2021-04-03 21:17:21

@PASCAL348 That function is new for the Deco X60/X20 devices (the X60 just had a firmware update), too.  I tried it while looking at a WiFi spectrum analyzer, and I did NOT see that it made any changes.

So I just yesterday evening sent a request to TP-Link asking for what it is supposed to do.  I can't tell that it is doing anything.

Options
2021-04-05 04:50:55

@TP-Link_Deco Hi, i think we seriously need to have manual channel selection for to different usage scenarios. For my case, like many other users, i have a device that has compatibility issue with certain 2 4GHz channel. Prior to using Deco, i can easily select a compatible channel and have no issue. Now with Deco "intelligently" switching channels, that device would get disconnected if an incompatible channel is selected. I had to reboot the Deco multiple times, while using WiFi analyzer, to make sure that it switches to the right channel.

Another issue i noticed is that on 5GHz, it always default to channel 40. This is strange as my neighbor is also using channel 40. Using WiFi analyzer i can see that in certain area my 5GHz WiFi signal is almost as strong as my neighbor's. I thought Deco would be smart enough to select another channel but no. This causes unstable 5Ghz connection. My smart TV will get disconnected frequently when connected to 5GHz. I tried rebooting hundreds of times but 5Ghz always stays at channel 40.

Options
Related Articles