Deco M5 wifi channel change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 wifi channel change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
42 Reply
Re:Deco M5 wifi channel change
2021-04-05 13:02:20

@TP-Link_Deco 

I might have missed your personal message. Please, update if there is Firmware available that allows channel change.

Tanveer

Options
2021-04-18 19:58:02

@TanveerBD O atual firmaware não tem esta função

Options
2021-04-22 11:56:17

The latest firmware updates should include (in the "More" section of the Deco App) a "Network Optimization" function.  That does NOT let one manually choose the channels, but it does re-run the "automatic-channel-choosing" function of the mesh (probably the same function run when the mesh powers up).  Sometimes that will choose a different set of channels than were used previously.

Options
2021-04-22 11:58:34 - last edited 2021-04-22 12:03:10

@Exia re:

"... in certain area my 5GHz WiFi signal is almost as strong as my neighbor's. I thought Deco would be smart enough to select another channel but no. This causes unstable 5Ghz connection. My smart TV will get disconnected frequently when connected to 5GHz"

If at all possible, try moving on of the Deco's closer to the TV; make "your" signal stronger there.

Another alternative might be to run an Ethernet cable from the Deco to the TV, instead of using the wireless for the TV.

Options
2021-05-21 07:31:04

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hello,

Is there any update on the issue , need to change my channel frequencies to band 4. My ISP provider is asking for the same.

Speeds are low because of this.

Firm ware 1.4.3 

Country - India.

Please help.

Regards,

Sandeep Beri

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@TanveerBD 

Hello, thanks for asking.

Currently, the Deco M5 5G only works on band 1 and it doesn't support band 4 (149-165) channels. I have sent you a PM, please check and confirm.

Good days~

Options
2021-05-21 11:09:14

@SandeepBeri The latest firmware for Deco M5 is 1.5.3, upgrade to this version and use Network Optimization feature so that Deco Automatically Selects the better channel.

There is no manual channel selection available in Deco, nor are they planning to add it in future as of now. But Network Optimisation works for me quite well though there are some reports from other users who are still unsatisfied and want only manual setting.

Options
2021-08-07 01:57:53

@TanveerBD 

Hello dude, I also brought deco m5 from Bangladesh. So did you change your channel yet?

Options
2021-08-09 07:25:30

@Farhan_labib 

Hi, if you are from Bangladesh, please try to contact the local support team and they could help you update the correct customized firmware.

https://www.tp-link.com/bd/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options
2021-08-18 01:31:44

@TP-Link_Deco - Your wifi toolkit as well as another wifi analyzer app is telling me there is massive interference (Red-High on yours and 90% per my Android Wifi analyzer) on my wifi channel.  I have great signal strength (-42.0 dBm) but it says there are 5 co-channel interferences and 3 adjacent channel.  Ultimately, with regular 400/25 Mbps internet speeds, my Zoom meetings have become almost non-functional.

It doesn't sound like I can change the channel, is there any other way to function with less interference?

Thanks

Options
2021-08-18 02:52:25

Hi, there is no plan to allow users to manually change the wireless channel yet.

And I searched other similar Mesh products, Orbi, Velop, Google Nest as well as Eero and it seems they don’t allow this feature either.

So if there is any problem that might be considered related to the channel reference, please try to provide as many details as possible about the current issue so that we can check other available solutions, instead of changing the wireless channel.

@Hawaii433 ,For the Zoom meeting issues, please have a look at this link:[Troubleshooting] Zoom or Microsoft Teams frozen or hanging when connected to Deco

Thank you very much.

Options
Related Articles