Frequent wifi discoonection with Archer C5 V4 model - 5GHz band only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Frequent wifi discoonection with Archer C5 V4 model - 5GHz band only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
54 Reply
Re:Frequent wifi discoonection with Archer C5 V4 model - 5GHz band only
2020-11-19 09:33:20

@vaseks9 

Hi, thank you very much for all the screenshots and detailed info. From what showed on the router web interface, it seems that the signal strength from the router is poor, as you can see they are -92dBm and -86dBm, which are quite poor connection, do you mean both phones are in the same room with this Archer C5 and near the router? Yes, try to relocate the C5 and find a better place for cooling. Meanwhile, it is suggsted to change the wireless channel and channel width settings on the C5 and try to find one with better coverage and less interference, you may use some third-party software like Wi-Fi analyzer to monitor the wireless in your neighbors.

Options
2020-11-19 10:43:39
@Kevin_Z, what is the solution for the model in India? Will there be a firmware provided as update for this issue?
Options
2020-11-19 20:38:23 - last edited 2020-11-19 20:40:02

@Chezhian @Kevin_Z  Same problem with ACT Fibernet Router. I got an Archer C5 v4. It is running a beta firmware. TP-Link needs to fix this issue immediately on priority and provide a firmware update to ACT Fibernet so that all devices are upgraded. I can't use the router with frequent disconnections.

Options
2020-11-20 01:39:27

@Adrienn_Gulyas   @Chezhian 

Hello, thank you both for asking again.

As previously confirmed with the engineers, we are working on this kind of disconnect issue you reported and it is expected to release a new firmware once the issue is addressed, while there is currently no exact date or time expectation for the new firmware. It is suggested to contact the local support or your ISP support to raise this issue, they will help with the follow-up.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-11-21 22:52:16

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, i tried six more tests. I reset router to factory settings and started from scratch. I moved router on the desk and on the same desk i put my phone (2.4/5GHz) and two laptops (2.4/5GHz) and my PC. Overything was in 2 meter radius. All of router antennas was positioned in vertical position. One laptop, which was used to monitoring wifi stay connected only via cable. Result of all tests? I dont see any exact clue, what causing this problem. And i saw one moment, when wifi monitoring dont catch outage but my phone lost wifi and then reconnect again - weird. I was thinking that all problems was because of the temperature of router but it seems not. On last test was router relatively hot but it wasnt more outages.

In zip file i saved all screenshots and description what i was testing.

Thanks

File:
C5_V4_vaseks9_tests.zipDownload
Options
2020-11-30 18:50:40

Hi guys,

i changed router placement (from place near ceiling = horizontal -> to the place on the wall = vertical) and until now i dont have any problems. I already tried test with big file downloaded via phone and without any outages wifi. Maybe is the problem the heat. From side C5 V4 has many holes but on top arent any holes for heat.

Options
2020-12-17 17:36:41

@Chezhian 

My friend has helped me to resolve wifi dinconnection issues in Archer c5 router by changing some settings and update. In case anyone is still facing the issue can mail on heena.pradeep@yahoo.in..

Options
2020-12-28 17:49:48

@PradeepBhanu 

I have same problem with Archer c5 on 5ghz . Disconnection and reconnection issue. If you have found the solution. Kindly share. 

Options
2021-01-05 07:33:50

@PradeepBhanu thanks for the info. Can you provide the details of the settings? I did test through changing the channel bands working along with my ISP support person. It did not resolve my issue anyway.

Options
2021-01-05 07:35:31
Not sure how this position can help, but if it works, great. I have a glass stand at 7 feet height were my router sits. I still face the same issue with the 5GHz band alone.
Options
Related Articles