Error 4503 in upgrading firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Error 4503 in upgrading firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re: Error 4503 in upgrading firmware
2020-08-07 14:58:07

@Majdi.Tamim 

There it is, you have the wrong FW for a VR600 sold for use in the Israeli market assuming you haven't bought it s/h off eBay where it could've originated anywhere in the EU,

This is the "latest" "excuse my laughter" FW for yours assuming it was for your country as lots of different EU FW's are and aren't available for a particular region for whatever reason,

https://www.tp-link.com/il/support/download/archer-vr600/#Firmware

I can only suggest you attempt to flash it back to this FW and if yours is a genuine Israeli marketed unit it should accept it back ok, other than that you will have to ask "support" for help further identifying your VR600 to see where it was originally sold assuming you didn't buy it new or bought it new in another country,

Why they haven't updated it for Israel I do not know as it deffo needs an update to mitigate recent events regarding security hole plugging, love to say to you to bin it and buy another brand but they're as bad and in a lot of cases worse for no support or updating things, should you choose to ditch the best I can offer you right now is don't buy one that sounds like something an ocean trawler would have onboard because they are really in sad shape right now and double dear to buy anyway, hth,

Here's a to do for you,

1 - Back up your settings and then reset the VR600 using the pin hole in the side, hold it until the lights all come on together and strobe upwards then release,

2 - Unplug it from the wall while the power button is in the on position for 1 minute and remove the phone line RJ11 from the unit,

3 - Replug in to the wall for power and it should reboot,

4 - Open the interface to reflash the FW,

5 - Flash from the desktop by opening the downloaded FW files and drag the FW file out of the folder on to the desktop, use a USB stick or SD card if you have to and ensure you are flashing through an RJ45 cable from router to PC etc, don't attempt to flash using the wifi,

6 - After flashing if it went ok the router reboots and may not connect after you've added you ISP connection etc, if this happens open the Internet tab and there should be an option that currently says disconnected, simply press connect and it should boot up,

Hope you get it sorted.

Options
2020-08-07 15:34:59

@Majdi.Tamim 

I just noticed you haven't updated it yet have you?

So if it's on the original FW and working all you can do is check your regions support section in future and apply the correct one if TPL ever release one for it,

The one you have been trying to install isn't the right one anyway,

So right now your FW is EU V2 170504, don't be tempted to use other regions FW's as you will possibly brick your unit, so, so long as it's working fine right now there's nothing more you can do, if you have managed to force an unsuitable FW in to it do the steps I listed in my last reply, however I believe your router is still in factory state so no damage done and all you can do is check regularly for correct newer FW's, you might want to highlight that the Middle East hasn't had the updates the EU has to the support people who browse here, I'd start a new thread myself titled " No VR600 FW updates for ME region" or similar, hth.

Options
2020-08-12 23:55:50

@Hannibal_Lack thank u so much , my brother , nothing change , i've tri

Hannibal_Lack wrote

@Majdi.Tamim 

I just noticed you haven't updated it yet have you?

So if it's on the original FW and working all you can do is check your regions support section in future and apply the correct one if TPL ever release one for it,

The one you have been trying to install isn't the right one anyway,

So right now your FW is EU V2 170504, don't be tempted to use other regions FW's as you will possibly brick your unit, so, so long as it's working fine right now there's nothing more you can do, if you have managed to force an unsuitable FW in to it do the steps I listed in my last reply, however I believe your router is still in factory state so no damage done and all you can do is check regularly for correct newer FW's, you might want to highlight that the Middle East hasn't had the updates the EU has to the support people who browse here, I'd start a new thread myself titled " No VR600 FW updates for ME region" or similar, hth.

ed all 

Options
2021-04-12 06:01:02 - last edited 2021-04-12 06:02:59

https://static.tp-link.com/beta/2021/202104/20210401/Archer_VR600_V2_201104.zip I know this is old thread but if you see this try this😘 Also from IL and had the same issue

From it you can downgrade back to this firmware

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202007/20200702/Archer%20VR600(EU)_V2_200226.zip

Options
2021-05-16 03:24:32
Thank you, brother, the problem is still the same, although I followed the steps carefully
Options
Related Articles