TP-LINK tl-mr6400 does not give internet access to connected devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-31 12:58:55 - last edited 2020-08-03 02:00:48
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1

Hi I am using a new router tl-mr6400 with a Sim card from Movistar in Colombia. When I first received the router, I set it up following the manual and it worked properly for a few days, but now it is not working. I go and check the configuration and everything seems to be ok, the network map and the other network/internet options in the menu show that there is internet in the device, but when I connect my computer or any other device like my phone to that network I cannot have internet access, I cannot load any webpage. I know for sure the sim card has internet access because when I hired the sim card services it came with another router from that company, which is smaller in capacity compared with this to link router, and when I test the sim card in that other device everything works fine and I can have access in my computer and phone. 

I would like to know if there is anything I am not checking well or missing so I can use again my new router, which by the way before it stopped working, was working very well.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-LINK tl-mr6400 does not give internet access to connected devices
2020-08-03 10:04:04

@Jhonesad92 

Hello,

Thank you very much for your detailed information.

For your case, please refer to the following information:

1. Please go to advanced----network—LAN settings, and change the DNS server to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4;
  2. Then reboot the router once,

If it is still not working, please put the sim card back to the second router and check the WAN/Internet IP address on it to see if it is still 10.136.208.172?

Thank you~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1751

Replies: 1