My 2.4Ghz speeds are extremely slow!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-08 06:47:40 - last edited 2020-09-09 01:54:06
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.15 Build 20191112 rel.36515(5553)

Hey there,

So there's this problem with my router which is very unpleasing! I have an internet connection of speed 150mbps! I have no problem at all with my 5ghz connection! But in my 2.4 ghz connection the maximum speed I get is 45-50mbps! I have tried checking the settings and changing to 802.11n too which should give me a speed upto 300mbps! But the speed I get is capped at 45mbps! I also tried changing channels! But it didn't do a thing! Please help!

Thank You.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:My 2.4Ghz speeds are extremely slow! -Solution
2020-08-10 06:04:14 - last edited 2020-09-09 01:54:06

@Mansoor267 

Hello,

We would do some troubleshooting first to narrow down this issue and try to fix it.

1. Ensure the firmware of your C6 is up-to-date, and show me the screenshot of the firmware version, thanks.

2. What kind of device are you testing with this 2.4GHz wireless connection? How about the link speed on it? If it is a computer, you may check it like below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/
Note: If the link speed is not as good as expected, please try with another computer with a more powerful wireless adapter. BTW, tell us the model number of that wireless adapter that runs on your computer.

3. Are you testing the speed by speedtest.net? Please try to download the Speedtest app on your computer and simplify your network layout if there are other routers or RE in your network, just leave the modem and the AX10 on, disconnect other devices and run the Speedtest app 3 times. Please ensure the 2.4GHz wireless channel width is set to 40MHz.

4. Please disable QoS on the C6 or try to reset it to the factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch.

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:My 2.4Ghz speeds are extremely slow! -Solution
2020-08-10 06:04:14 - last edited 2020-09-09 01:54:06

@Mansoor267 

Hello,

We would do some troubleshooting first to narrow down this issue and try to fix it.

1. Ensure the firmware of your C6 is up-to-date, and show me the screenshot of the firmware version, thanks.

2. What kind of device are you testing with this 2.4GHz wireless connection? How about the link speed on it? If it is a computer, you may check it like below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/
Note: If the link speed is not as good as expected, please try with another computer with a more powerful wireless adapter. BTW, tell us the model number of that wireless adapter that runs on your computer.

3. Are you testing the speed by speedtest.net? Please try to download the Speedtest app on your computer and simplify your network layout if there are other routers or RE in your network, just leave the modem and the AX10 on, disconnect other devices and run the Speedtest app 3 times. Please ensure the 2.4GHz wireless channel width is set to 40MHz.

4. Please disable QoS on the C6 or try to reset it to the factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch.

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3004

Replies: 1

Related Articles