Archer c6 in access point mode randomly drops all wireless clients. Only fix is to reboot.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 in access point mode randomly drops all wireless clients. Only fix is to reboot.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
45 Reply
Re:Archer c6 in access point mode randomly drops all wireless clients. Only fix is to reboot.
2020-11-30 03:00:59

@e.daniel777 

Hello, are the TV and game device connected to the Archer C6 wirelessly or via a cat5e cable? How about other network service, are they working? Please confirm if the internet LED on the C6 is orange or green when you lose the connection, ensure the connection between the C6 and your ISP modem is good. BTW, who is your ISP and what kind of connection are you using on the C6 WAN?

If only the wireless is unstable, you are suggested to modify the wireless settings on the C6 first, such as wireless channel, channel width and security settings.

Additionally, please try to change the DNS server on the C6 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot the C6 to confirm.

Options
Re:Archer c6 in access point mode randomly drops all wireless clients. Only fix is to reboot.
2020-11-30 11:44:00 - last edited 2020-11-30 12:10:29

@Kevin_Z Thanks for the quick response!

Hello, are the TV and game device connected to the Archer C6 wirelessly or via a cat5e cable?

wirelessly, but my house is not that big, no walls in the way, the problem is that i can't pass the cable without leaving it on the way, and as i have two young daughters, it would be unwise to say the least.

How about other network service, are they working?

same problem in all devices, drop and recover.

Please confirm if the internet LED on the C6 is orange or green when you lose the connection.

green

who is your ISP and what kind of connection are you using on the C6 WAN?

optical fiber, i lose both 5ghz and 2,4ghz, the ssid dissapears and reapears.

ensure the connection between the C6 and your ISP modem is good

they were the first ones I called when the problem started, then a technician came and performed a series of tests,  he said that was no problem on their side, so he installed a router and when the internet was stable he looked at me with a smug face

If only the wireless is unstable, you are suggested to modify the wireless settings on the C6 first, such as wireless channel, channel width and security settings.

done that bro, following a guide from here

Additionally, please try to change the DNS server on the C6 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot the C6 to confirm.

since day one

I have the router for a while, although this problem is not new it was much rarer, after the last update the thing went down the drain

Options
2020-12-01 06:37:22

@e.daniel777 

Hello,

This issue may need to escalate to our engineers, and they will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-12-02 23:40:40 - last edited 2020-12-02 23:46:42

@Kevin_Z 

hello! thanks man. the support helped me here, the beta firmware, for now, has been fantastic, all working like charm. I will still have to keep passing some reports to them to see if everything is stable. but nonetheless, thanks for the quick support.

Options
2020-12-03 02:34:23

@e.daniel777 

Hi, glad to know it works, please monitor the stability and let us konw if you have any other inquiries.

Good day~

Options
2020-12-14 10:47:24

@Kevin_Z I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Every few hours router drops all connections, sometimes 2.4GHz SSID disappears, router logs stop abruptly until (it seems) wifi is restarted/reloaded (see after "2020-12-14 16:46:10 dhcps[27739]:" in included attachment). I've tried, as far as I can tell, all remedies suggested in this thread, none of them worked.

Router is in EU version, there's around 10 devices connected, and it's currently on 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591.

If there's a newer beta firmware available I would like to try it very much, as restarting the router multiple times a day is no fun 😬.

File:
syslog-2020-12-14.log.txtDownload
Options
2020-12-16 10:52:41

@meeDamian 

Hi, I have sent you a PM, please check and confirm, thanks.

Options
2021-01-06 23:28:17

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, 

I have the same issue with HW: Archer C6 v2.0 FW: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555) versions.

Nowadays, I need to restart the device four or five times every day. Could you provide me the mentioned firmware in the post? I'll be very pleased to test it.

Thanks in advanced.

Options
2021-01-07 02:03:47

@wavs 

Hello, we have posted the beta firmware here, please find the correct version for your Archer C6, then confirm, thanks:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/207232

Options
2021-02-02 13:32:28

@Kevin_Z 

I installed the BETA firmware around November 2020 and today the issue happened again.

Options
Related Articles