Archer c6 in access point mode randomly drops all wireless clients. Only fix is to reboot.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 in access point mode randomly drops all wireless clients. Only fix is to reboot.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
45 Reply
Re:Archer c6 in access point mode randomly drops all wireless clients. Only fix is to reboot.
2020-09-23 09:54:17

@bigearsman 

Done, they will contact you ASAP.

Options
Re:Archer c6 in access point mode randomly drops all wireless clients. Only fix is to reboot.
2020-09-24 05:28:32

@Kevin_Z 

@bigearsman 

Could you find a solution for that problem? 
I have exactly the same issue as you bigearsman.

My device is:

HW Version Archer C6 v2.0

Firmware Version 1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel57406(4555)

European Version

My DHCP is running on my Fritzbox 7590

Looking forward for your feedback!

Thanks Thomas

Options
2020-09-24 11:50:18

@Nike-Tom 

Hi, I have sent you a PM, please check and confirm, thanks.

Options
2020-09-24 16:39:07

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for the beta firmware. I've just tested it. However, it did not solve the problem. After updating the firmware my wireless lan was working fine for around 1 hour. Then suddenly it stopped working and I could not connect with it with any client. Please need support!

Options
2020-09-24 18:26:31

Hello,

I have simillar issue. Most of my clients are some IoT devices on 2.4ghz. two smartphones and laptop (overall less than 10 devices) and I have 3 wired clients (two computers and TV). At some point all 2.4Ghz wifi clients are dropped (wired connection is stable). 5Ghz clients are not affected.

I am using 1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel.57406(4555) firmware.

Options
2020-09-25 02:05:51

@Nike-Tom 

After the firmware update, did you reset the C6 to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch? If not yet, please give it a go.

BTW, when your devices cannot connect to the C6 wireless network, which band are they connected to, 2.4GHz or 5GHz? Is there any error message? Please try to change the wireless security type for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz to WPA2-PSK, AES, then save and reboot the router and confirm again.

Thanks.

Options
2020-09-28 11:22:14

@Kevin_Z 

Yesterday I did a Factory Restore and configured all parameters new. As WIFI connection I am using the 2,4 GHZ (WPA2-PSK / AES).

At first the router was working fine, until I got the same problem today in the morning (around 23 h after the factory restore).

My LAN connection was still working. To solve the problem, I didn´t need to reboot the router, it was sufficient to switch off/on the wireless radio. After that, the WIFI was working fine, again.

Do you have further tips to solve the problem? Thanks!

Options
2020-09-28 11:28:38
No, there is no error message in the router. You can find a screenshot of the log files here: https://i.imgur.com/DYQLzFl.png The error occured at araund 10:30 o´clock.
Options
2020-09-29 03:25:59

@Nike-Tom 

Hello,

We would like to follow up this case via email, and our engineers will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-10-29 08:27:56

Dear @Kevin_Z,

I'm facing the exact same issue in my home.

I have two TP-Link Archer C6 in "Access Point mode", providing Wifi and Ethernet in two different floors, connected to the same Internet provider router through mu home LAN. DHCP is disabled (provided by the Internet provider router).

From time to time, my WiFi appliances disappear from the network and I need to reboot the the TP-Link (not both at the same time). This week, for instance, I had to restart one 2 days ago and the other a couple of minutes ago.

I keep both firmware up to date regularly. Right now they are:

Firmware version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555)

Hardware version: Archer C6 v2.0

No error logs.

Can you please help me?

Options
Related Articles