Correct way to change ISP with Deco E4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-12 15:57:56 - last edited 2020-08-20 03:10:11
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.4.2

Hi Community,

I'm looking at changing ISPs over the next few months and just wanted to make sure I'm prepared for how to set up my Deco system in advance. (I've currently got it working perfectly with a Virgin Hub 4 in modem mode).

I'll obviously be getting a new modem/router with the new ISP, but just wanted to check if there's a set way to reconfigure Deco with the new set up, or is it just a standard factory reset and start all over again?

Cheers,

Jonny

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Correct way to change ISP with Deco E4-Solution
2020-08-20 03:09:49 - last edited 2020-08-20 03:10:11

@JR055 

Hello,

Generally, there is no need to reset the whole Deco system when you change your ISP and the modem, what you need to do is change the internet connection type on the main Deco as per the connection type and internet parameters provided by your new ISP.

To do this, please connect your phone to the Deco's Wi-Fi and launch the Deco app, then tap More>Advanced>IPv4>Internet Connection Type to modify it.

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Correct way to change ISP with Deco E4-Solution
2020-08-20 03:09:49 - last edited 2020-08-20 03:10:11

@JR055 

Hello,

Generally, there is no need to reset the whole Deco system when you change your ISP and the modem, what you need to do is change the internet connection type on the main Deco as per the connection type and internet parameters provided by your new ISP.

To do this, please connect your phone to the Deco's Wi-Fi and launch the Deco app, then tap More>Advanced>IPv4>Internet Connection Type to modify it.

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Correct way to change ISP with Deco E4
2020-08-20 08:35:53

@TP-Link_Deco Thanks! Will give this a go.

Cheers,

J

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5083

Replies: 2