Archer VR2800 won't connect to Plusnet with latest firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer VR2800 won't connect to Plusnet with latest firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Archer VR2800 won't connect to Plusnet with latest firmware
2020-11-02 19:49:47
I was trying to find out a hack to make the VR2800 "see" the internet once after downgrading it to a wireless router (operation mode) today. Unfortunately, downgrading to the factory version has another issue, it doesn't connect to DDNS services.
Options
2020-11-03 18:08:26

@rajthampi 

At least you tried to sort it out. That`s more than TP-link have, they should have updated us all about if they are going to sort the problem. Perhaps we should take it more public such as facebook, Twitter etc. maybe then they will sort the problem. TP-link`s lack of action as change my opinion of them and will consider other brands before buying another TP-link communication device.

Options
2020-11-04 06:50:34

@BobTrace Hello there, due to the pandemic situation, I coudln't get hold on my desired device from Cisco for the same purpose! My colleague suggested me this unit, that he is using from last couple of years (With limited requirements) & we live in two different locations and we are on different "quality" copper connections.

Starting with device dropping the connections from ISP, I approached their middle east support (AE) & someone tried to help me out with multiple versions of firmware (those are not public) & each of those builds had one or other issue(s).

The beta version is far better (DDNS,VPN work) however the disconnections from ISP were rampant, forcing me to return to my Linksys x1000 DSL modem router.

Currently I am using this device as a WIFI access point & although this dumb device does WIFI networking good, fails to connect self to internet. This cripples me from using it as a DDNS broker or VPN server. Well, I tried to escalate it through Twitter and their support hardly ever responded.

Options