Deco M4 3 units - all hard wired

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-16 01:16:05
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.2

Hello 

I am not sure if my hardware version out I purchased these this week from amazon. I have the 3 Unit setup.

Here is my network. 
-Cable Modem -gigabit speed isp is spectrum

-Hard Wired via gigabit Ethernet cable to port 1 of main Deco M4, 

- Port 2 of main Deco is hard wired to port 1 of TP-Link 5 port gigabit switch. 
- I have 2 home runs HARD Wired cat5e to the other 2 Deco M4 units. 

problem

so I uae to enjoy 600-800 Mbps close to my WiFi router, but not in my entire house. First I tried via the wireless mesh network and that was only 50-100Mbps. 

with only one Deco (router no satellite units connected my bandwidth is around 500Mbps, as soon as I connected the the other units my bandwidth across the entire network drops to below 200 Mbps. 

I have re puunced the patches and jacks, swapped network cables, turned on QOS. 

does anyone have a fix for the above? I like the units but will have to return soon if I can not get this fixed. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 3 units - all hard wired
2020-08-20 06:28:51

@SimplyRadio 

Hello, sorry about that.

Please help verify more details and we will try to figure it out ASAP:

1. With your computer connected to the spectrum modem directly, please verify the actual speed you can get via speedtest.net. Also, please confirm the wired link speed as the instruction below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

Please then connect your computer to the main deco directly and test the speed you can get from it via speedtest.net as well and check the wired link speed.
Note: Please show us a screenshot of the speed test result.
2. Please connect a laptop or phone to the main Deco 5GHz network and run the speedtest app again.

3. Please refer to the below troubleshooting to check the QoS settings on the Deco app again:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2429/#case%201  (Case 1)

After that, please run the speed test again and check whether it improves.

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 870

Replies: 1

Related Articles