DECO M5 has stable green light, can connect to its wifi but it has no internet connection.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO M5 has stable green light, can connect to its wifi but it has no internet connection.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-19 02:51:51 - last edited 2020-08-25 06:14:05
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.15

Hi!

Yesterday, I connected my Deco M5 (second floor) via LAN cable to my router (ground floor). I follwed all the steps for setting it up into Access Point mode and the app says its connected and the light on the Deco is stable green. Although, if any of my devices conect to it, they connect to the wifi but there is no internet available on my devices. I have tried resetting it a number of times but nothing has changed.

Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:DECO M5 has stable green light, can connect to its wifi but it has no internet connection.-Solution
2020-08-25 06:13:50 - last edited 2020-08-25 06:14:05

@1Carl-S. 

Hello,

May I know who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? When you connect your computer to the ground floor router, what is the IP address you can get?

Please refer to the below guide to reconfigure the main Deco M5 into AP mode:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1842/

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:DECO M5 has stable green light, can connect to its wifi but it has no internet connection.-Solution
2020-08-25 06:13:50 - last edited 2020-08-25 06:14:05

@1Carl-S. 

Hello,

May I know who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? When you connect your computer to the ground floor router, what is the IP address you can get?

Please refer to the below guide to reconfigure the main Deco M5 into AP mode:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1842/

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:DECO M5 has stable green light, can connect to its wifi but it has no internet connection.
2020-08-25 06:33:54

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi! I found the problem already. It turns out my ISP provided modem's other LAN ports were not working. So I used the LAN port that normally has a cable in it and the Deco now works perfectly.

Options
Re:DECO M5 has stable green light, can connect to its wifi but it has no internet connection.
2020-08-25 10:07:56

@1Carl-S. 

Hi, glad to hear that it works, congrats.^_^

If need any further help, just let us know.

Good day.

Options
2021-01-18 20:59:52
I'm having this same issue.
Options
2021-01-19 09:34:38

@Jeremyd 

Hi,

Thank you for your time and patience.

Could you please help me check the following information:

1. What is the internet IP address on the Deco APP?
  2. Did you use the dynamic IP or PPPoE connection type?
  3. And may I know the model number of your cable modem?

--if it is dynamic IP connection, could computer get internet from the modem when it is connected to the modem directly?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-11-09 10:23:15 - last edited 2021-11-09 10:23:58

@TP-Link_Deco I am experiencing the issue.

Router, and modem have both 1) green light, 2) can connect to Deco M5 3) but Deco M5 (router) is not sending internet to our devices (mobile/laptop)

Steps that I have taken so far:

1. Replaced LAN cable from modem to router.

2. Removed, and created new network (in Deco M5).

3. Have our ISP checked the router (no issues have been detected).

4. Tried connecting to the modem, but it works perfectly fine.

5. Switched M5 decos to act as the main.

6. Rebooted/restarted several times

None of them have corrected the issue. Please help. Thank you.

1Carl-S. wrote

Hi!

Yesterday, I connected my Deco M5 (second floor) via LAN cable to my router (ground floor). I follwed all the steps for setting it up into Access Point mode and the app says its connected and the light on the Deco is stable green. Although, if any of my devices conect to it, they connect to the wifi but there is no internet available on my devices. I have tried resetting it a number of times but nothing has changed.

Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Options
2021-11-10 09:52:42

@J-ERNEST 

Hi, could you please help me confirm the following information:

The current issue is that the main Deco is solid green, but no internet service when the devices are connected to It, right?

May I know who is your internet service provider?

What is the model number of your ISP modem?

Is Deco M5 the only router in the network?

Could you please send me a private message about the MAC address of the main Deco?

Have you tried to change the DNS server to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 per link:

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-11-10 10:01:20

@TP-Link Thank you very much for your speedy reply. 

1. The current issue is that the main Deco is solid green, but no internet service when the devices are connected to It, right? 

That is correct. The main deco is able to receive internet from my modem. Modem too is working properly. But other devices connected to the main deco, are not getting any internet.

2. May I know who is your internet service provider?

In the Philippines, we are using PLDT.

3. What is the model number of your ISP modem? I will message you about this one.

4. Is Deco M5 the only router in the network?

Yes. I have 2 Deco. 1 Deco is the main, connected via LAN to the modem. Then last deco is connected wireless to the main deco.

5. Could you please send me a private message about the MAC address of the main Deco?

I will send you.

6. Have you tried to change the DNS server to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 per link:

Not yet, but I will try your recommendation as per your link. Is this also applicable to Mesh Decos?

Options
2021-11-10 13:33:46
Sent you a message already, please check if you were able to receive.
Options
2021-11-11 03:49:09

@J-ERNEST 

Thank you very much.

I used to receive 3 feedback with the same issue and they are all on the PLDT. Two of the users finally told me, there are 4 LAN ports on their fiber ONT and actually, only LAN 1 is available for the internet. If users wanted more, they might need to contact PLDT to activate other ports first.

Would you mind checking with PLDT whether they have a similar restriction on the GPON ONU AN5506-04?

Options