UPS interference with powerline adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-24 08:00:30
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.9 Build 160525 Rel.35241n

I have been using the AV500 powerline adapters for years without any issue.  I live in South Africa and we are experiencing load shedding from our electricity supplier.  I bought a UPS/inverter to mitigate the loss of internet connection during these power cuts.

I live in a two storey house and I use the powerline adapter to connect to wifi on the ground floor.  My fibre box and router are on the second floor.  

The problem arise when I plug in the UPS to charge.  I lose internet access on the ground floor.  The powerline adapter still recognises that it is part of a network but there is no internet access.  The UPS is plugged into a different wall socket than the fibre box and router.  The aim is not for the UPS to keep the powerline adapters going while the power is off.  It is only meant to keep the fibre box and router online.  All powerline equipment is plugged directly into wall plugs. 

It looks as if the UPS is causing interference when plugged into the wall plug for charging.  It is a simulated sine UPS.

Is this a known issue?  I hope there is someone out there that can shed light on this issue. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:UPS interference with powerline adapters
2020-08-31 10:59:39

@HeinL 

Good day.

UPS has the function of filtering, which will weaken the PLC communication or disconnect the PLC communication.

While power-line adapters communicated with each other based on those electromagnetic wave.

Thank you very much!

Options
2020-08-31 11:55:41

@Solla-topee 

Hi.  Thanks for the response.  So can I then assume that there is no solution to the problem?  The PLC's are not plugged into the UPS and the UPS does not run anything other than the fibre box and the router.  There is also no expectation that the PLC's will work when the power cuts out.  The only connection is that the UPS is plugged into a wall plug for charging.  Other than that there is no further links between the UPS and the PLC.  They are not even plugged into the same wall plug.  

Regards

Hein

Options
2022-02-08 13:02:16
There are PLC line blocking filters that could definitely work for your specific problem. https://www.eichhoff.de/produktuebersicht/plc/plc-filter https://auth-nt.de/produkte/netzfilter/ Just a couple of links. Best to contact them or similar providers and enquire.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2543

Replies: 3