****Archer MR600 - 2CA bands Aggregation - New Bands***

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

****Archer MR600 - 2CA bands Aggregation - New Bands***

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
60 Reply
Re:****Archer MR600 - 2CA bands Aggregation - New Bands***
2020-09-26 15:59:13

Its been a long time we are eagerly waiting for the 40A+40A CA support on MR600 and there is no such feedback or timelines for the 40A+40A supported firmware.

As we have already given sufficient proof that 40A+40A is working great on the other mobile phone devices but still we cannot see any progress after several discussions here.

It looks that TP-Link will unable to provide the firmware for this MR-600 V1 router to support 40A+40A CA combinations because the internal detachable PCIe CAt-6 LTE modem must support the same 40A+40A combination first which may require hardware design changes and due to this issue TP-Link is facing difficulties to provide 40A+40A support on this MR600-V1 router.

As per my knowledge and past experiences with other brands of PCIe and M.2 CAT6 LTE modems, additional carrier aggregation band supports require re-design of the physical CAT-6 modem along with revised software/firmware support. For example, I am facing a similar carrier aggregation issue with my M.2 LTE modem on my Dell laptop which is Sierra Wireless Airprime EM7455 LTE CAT-6 modem module where Dell Technical Support told me that it is not possible to add additional CA support combination bands on EM7455 modem through firmware updates which require hardware redesigns on EM7455 modem to support the additional 40A+40A CA.

Finally, I would like to say that I am not fully sure that TP-Link can make a beta firmware to support 40A+40A on our existing MR600 V1 routers. But TP-Link must say something about the roadmap/timelines if TP-Link is going to provide the same support through the revised firmware or not.

Also, my kind request to TP-Link to provide full CA band combination support information must be made available on the TP-Link website under product technical specification, so that before purchase this costly MR600v1 router, we can make sure that our requirement of CA support will be fulfilled.

Looking for a possitive response from TP-Link support.   

Options
2020-09-26 16:42:59
This is really unfortunate. I can't continue to use my phone because that has been killing the battery a lot quicker(and the signal reception won't be as good as using MR600 + external antenna). I can't get a overall better router like the huawei b525s-65a because of corona and all. And this router probably won't be adding support for 40A-40A CA.
Options
2020-10-07 13:44:26

@Sunshine do we have any update on the 40A-40A support? Atleast give us a proper update if this will be supported or not.

Options
2020-10-15 17:36:27

@Sunshine @Kevin_Z 

Just would like to say Thank you so much for not listening to us. No matter how much all we have requested, you gyues did not come up with any new firmwares to keep Mr 600.

Now i am happy to inform you that have moved on from pathetic brand like yours who does not provide stable solutions on prompt basis. 

Have returned TP-Link Mr600 and purchased Huwaei 5G CPE Pro 112-372. Its amazing. No worries with 4G+ anymore. Versatile and ready for 5G. Thank you so mkuch for that.

Thank you so much @Abhi093 for this wonderful idea and your well technical know how is really appreciated.

Huwaei 5G CPE Pro 112-372

Signal coverage at the same location where TP LInk MR 600 was placed. Prevously shared the speed tests for MR 600. I can see there is huge difference after using this Huwaei 5G CPE Pro 112-372.

NEtwork Details

Few speed tests

Dear Friends,

Please have a look on results and decide accordingly. I do agree it might be on bit expenseive side, however every penny worth it.

Thank you and reagrds,

Debatosh Kamila

Thank you and regards, Debatosh Kamila Email: debatoshkamila@gmail.com
Options
2020-10-15 17:54:10

@Debatosh A good news worth sharing. Glad that you are happy with your current purchase. A well deserve upgrade over MR600, considering massive MIMO and fiberazation already in progress in India in preparation for 5G. You will be benefited. Indian telcos are fine-tuning thier existing 4G setups.

I am too delighted with the box. Giving me a speed of 60 Mbps on single band (without CA) during peak hours.

@Sunshine it's your time to listen to customers who are paying a lot to purchase your products and not getting what they want . If this attitude continues you will easily be losing  customers in your LTE/NR segment. Long way to go. MR600 is just a beginning.😊

Regards, Abhi
Options
2020-10-16 06:05:39

@Debatosh 

I am also returning my MR600 due to no support for 40+40 CA. Huawei looks a better alternate. Can you please share link / place where you purchased this?

Options
2020-10-16 06:40:29

@Debatosh @Sunshine @kevin 

Hi,

Please share the Huwaei router link. I think TPLink is not intereseted to solve the problems reported by the customers. Its waste of time to following up with them. Even i am going to return MR600

Options
2020-10-16 06:49:56

@Indian-techie @saidurahmed 

The 3 of us bought Huawei H112-372 router from router-switch.

https://www.router-switch.com/huawei-5g-cpe-pro.html

I have not received mine yet.. Waiting on fedex.

Options
2020-10-16 07:30:29
Thanks for your prompt reply. Checking the link now
Options
2020-10-17 18:14:32

These are the speeds I am getting at peak times with the given signal parameters on the CPE pro. A significant upgprade over MR600. :))

Options