Intermittent connection when ipv6 are enabled - Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Intermittent connection when ipv6 are enabled - Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Intermittent connection when ipv6 are enabled - Deco M5
2022-03-29 21:59:07

@lfalcao Good day,

Having the same problem.

Is it possible to post the solution for this problem here on the forum?

Kind regards,

Options
2022-03-29 22:37:40

@lfalcao Hi,

I managed to get it to work well by disabling the Use Same Account as IPv4 function. I inserted the login details provided by my ISP both under IPv4 and IPv6. Now connection is stable and does not lose signal or connection to devices.

when using the Use Same Account as IPv4 function, the connection was very unstable and no internet at all.

Kind regards,

Options
2022-03-30 06:42:34

@RuiVictor Thank you very much for your update.

I forward your feedback to the senior engineer and he explained that:

When IPV4 and IPV6 shared one PPPoE broadband session, if there is any failure during the IPV6 broadband session, Deco will repeat a broadband session for both IPV4 and IPV6 even IPV4 connection has no issue at all. During this time, you might notice an unstable connection from Deco.

And if you set up a separate PPPoE broadband connection, any failure on IPV6 will not affect the IPV4 connection so even though IPV6 is disconnected, the devices are still able to get internet service via IPV4.

Options