Deco QOS Implementation doesn't meet my requirements

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-30 21:43:01
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: All

Hi,

I cant remember if I've posted this previously, but here goes.

The QoS implementation across the Deco range doesn't appear to operate as you would expect. I've found the following:

• Device Prioritisation: The few times I have used this, it seems to allocate nearly the entire bandwidth to the prioritised device/s - even if they are utilising low bandwidth, leaving the devices that are not prioritised starved of bandwidth. When I prioritise a device I would expect that device to receive any amount of bandwidth it wants, but allow other devices to consume what is left. This doesnt seem to happen
  • QOS - This seems to have little effect. Whether set to standard, or gaming - my xbox is deprived of any bandwidth when someone is downloading something on my wired PC causing the xbox online gaming to be unreleable and laggy. If you prioritise the xbox then the xbox works fine but the PC and other connected devices effectively stops downloading. Whatever you do you cant win.

I wish that 'Standard' QOS setting would distribute the bandwidth equally between all connected devices rather than let one device hog all available bandwidth - something is not right with the Deco QOS implementation - it seems to have been like this for a long time and about time it got a little bit of attention. I think it's there as a 'feature' on the specs so that it betters other Mesh systems, but in reality it doesnt work well and you are better off continuing to use your existing router if you want decent QOS.

-- Deco X50-POE user
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco QOS Implementation doesn't meet my requirements
2020-09-02 09:21:39

@Oakmeister 

Hello, thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

The HomeCare feature including the QoS is provided by Trend Micro and we may have little to do with it. While as you suggested, we will keep improving this kind of feature on the Deco system.

Just to verify, what you mentioned about the bandwidth that every device can get may not be the feature of QoS, it should be a feature of the functionality of Bandwidth Control, which is not supported on the Deco now. Generally, QoS with high priority only determines what kind of service or date goes first, while it will not distribute the bandwidth for the LAN devices.

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 287

Replies: 1

Related Articles