Deco P9 unstable connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 unstable connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
31 Reply
Re:Deco P9 unstable connection
2022-01-18 14:54:04

Hi,

Sorry for digging this topic, but I also have a 3 unit Deco P9 system, and it's getting to a point where I'm thinking of replacing the system with a different vendor. I'm full-time remote worker (as most of us these days) and it's really annoying to be in the middle of a call and the connection starts dropping...

So I have setup a constant ping connection into by default gateway and also a random public website, and randomly throughout the day I lose connection to the gateway, meaning no Internet, nothing. The drops are for a couple of seconds and the connection normalize after a couple of minutes or seconds, it depends. Everything is so random, no specific times of the day or longevity of the drops or instability. I have tried with 2 different laptops, so the issue isn't the device. I have the Deco unit 2 meters from me...

I have tried to change the Deco units to different wall sockets, restarts, etc, etc no improvement.

My system is configured in router mode, IPv6 disabled, no QOS settings, etc, etc, etc running on Firware 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057.

Don't know what else to do here to be honest. I didn't try to connect an ethernet cable directly from the Deco unit to the laptop and see if there are any improvements, but as I said... 1 2 meters from the unit...

Options
Related Articles