My router is slower for ethernet than isp router VR900

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My router is slower for ethernet than isp router VR900

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:My router is slower for ethernet than isp router VR900
2020-09-19 19:38:41
Did he connect his box to your line and test for errors , unfortunately most engineers are line engineers and NOT broadband engineers , and YES there is a big difference . The broadband engineers can chat to exchange with their Laptop which line engineers are NOT allowed to do.
Options
2020-09-19 19:43:56
yes, and thats the weird part, he every showed me what happens if a error, but everything came back ok, not one error, even he was surprised, he said normally you get one or 2 errors, but not one reported error, was watching the results come in one by one, all came back with ok, he initially thought was an aluminium core, but was 100% copper, though he gave me insight it wouldn't be long for FTTP in our area, which brought smile to my face,lol
Options
2020-09-19 23:17:02 - last edited 2020-09-19 23:33:26

@andyb68

No Laptop , just a line box tester means he wasn't a BT Broadband Engineer , unfortunately its rare to get them even though most issues are broadband related nowadays , but its cheaper to send out Line Engineers :(

It took me ages to get a real one , that could be bothered to really look , all his and previous tests came back good on linebox tests . Thankfully mine really went bad as the fault carried on over months and I noticed it was worse when wet and windy outside , thats the clue that the last engineer used ( They always turned up on a dry not windy day so fault was hidden ) he got his own router out and set it up with his Laptop within 10 mins he said your dropline is dead , and he was spot on the money , he also noted 2 faults one that was 150 metres away and another 560 metres away , which were a pole junction and a green box connection , he popped off and 1/2 hr later came back smiling saying he found and fixed them.

The Broadband Engineers have some really cool software on their Laptops that via their router can really diagnose what is wrong ,as you can imagine when someone like Tesco with all their electronic payments on tills etc NEED and EXPECT a perfect line ,

thats when these Engineers are deployed , us mere mortals don't pay enough normally to get them:(  He showed me how easy it was to diagnose the line for Broadband NOT just line test , and it was amazing how much info was available to these Engineers compared to the Line Engineers.

Crazy really , but its all down to money .

PS.  If you ever do manage to get a real one at a later date , choccy biscuits and a cuppa always help find errors wink

Dink

Options
Related Articles