TP link archer ax3000/ax50 loses internet connection but my modem is not

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP link archer ax3000/ax50 loses internet connection but my modem is not

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
66 Reply
Re:TP link archer ax3000/ax50 loses internet connection but my modem is not
2020-11-25 02:00:00

@Abhi-ArcherA6 

Hello, thanks for joining the TP-Link community.

May I know who is your ISP?

When the internet drops on the A6, does it show WAN port unplugged or any error on its web interface status page? Is the Internet LED orange or green?

Ensure the cable between the A6 and your ISP modem is good, try with another cat5e or cat6 cable if necessary. Please confirm how did you recover the internet connection on the A6, do you need to reboot the A6 or unplug the Ethernet cable on its WAN or just wait and it will recover automatically?

Please reset the A6 first and then log into its web interface, confirm if there is a status for the Internet Negotiation speed:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2472/
Try to change it to 100Mbps Full Duplex or 1000Mbps Full Duplex on System Tool-System Parameters to give it a go.

If this makes no difference, please send us the whole system log on the A6 showing this connect-disconnect-connect issue, thanks.

Options
2020-11-25 05:42:42

Kevin_Z wrote

@Eltan 

Hello, when do the MAC clone, you need to connect the specific PC to the LAN port of the AX50, but please ensure this PC do have a stable internet connection from the modem when it is connected directly, otherwise, this may not help.

@Kevin_Z 

Sorry I am confused, I will connect my Laptop to the LAN port of AX50, and at the same time connect my Laptop to the modem wirelessly?

Options
2020-11-25 08:38:43

@Eltan 

Nope, you need to connect the PC to your modem first, ensure you have a stable connectivity, no dropouts at all, it is suggested to monitor this for one day or two days.

If the above is confirmed, then you can connect this PC to the LAN port of the AX50, your modem to the WAN port of the AX50, there is no need to connect this PC to your modem anymore, then login to the web GUI of the AX50 to do MAC clone as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2264/

I hope this is clear now.

Options
2020-11-25 09:01:22

Kevin_Z wrote

@Eltan 

Nope, you need to connect the PC to your modem first, ensure you have a stable connectivity, no dropouts at all, it is suggested to monitor this for one day or two days.

If the above is confirmed, then you can connect this PC to the LAN port of the AX50, your modem to the WAN port of the AX50, there is no need to connect this PC to your modem anymore, then login to the web GUI of the AX50 to do MAC clone as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2264/

I hope this is clear now.

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. It is all clear now. It is my first time doing MAC clone. I hope it will last.

Options
2020-11-25 13:35:44

@Kevin_Z it failed again, I have done the cloning of MAC address as suggested.

Options
2020-11-26 01:09:35

@Eltan 

Hello,

This issue may need to escalate to our engineers, and they will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-11-26 05:54:45

Kevin_Z wrote

@Eltan 

Hello,

This issue may need to escalate to our engineers, and they will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

@Kevin_Z 

I am willing to do further analysis. I will be waiting for their email.

Thanks a lot Kevin.

Options
2020-11-26 07:25:37

@Eltan 

You are welcome, I think they must contact you already, please check your email box and confirm, thanks.

Options
2020-11-30 18:34:00

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin ,

Please see the below screenshot of logs from the Web interface.

As mentioned in my last post almost all the troubleshooting steps like Factory Reset, Firmware upgrade, changing MTU settings, Changing DNS to google DNS have been tried by call TP link support numerous times.  Also as mentioned earlier the router itself has been swapped with a brand new one and still same issue.

Internet LED goes Orange and comes back on Green as Internet gets connected again.

My ISP in Mumbai, India is Dvois - ION internet and my plan is 250 Mbps and  Internet negotiation speed is 1000Mbps Full Duplex 

Options
2020-12-01 06:13:00

@Abhi-ArcherA6 

I see, thanks a lot for all the details. We would like to follow it up via email, please check your email box and confirm.

Options