Wireless backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wireless backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wireless backhaul
Wireless backhaul
2020-09-24 12:35:53
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.42

I have setup the deco M9, and reviewed the backhaul connections.

Despite the position applied, both of the slave decos seem to only connect to the main over wireless.  I am configured in access point.

I had an expectation based on documentation, that the units would connect to the strongest closet unit regardless of slave vs master in a serial configuration, am I mis-reading the documentation ?

Regards

Fuzzybear.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless backhaul
2020-09-24 21:29:38

@Fuzzybear 

Your Decos should work without problem with a wired backhaul when in AP mode. Mine do.

Could you describe your topology / layout.

I would either wire your Decos back into the same switch as your router, or directly back to the router.

Your router will need to be set as your  your DHCP server so that it can allocate an IP Address to your Deco units.

I would ensure that if you are using a smart switch that you have disabled the VLAN on the ports that the Deco and router are connected. Guest Wifi no longer uses the Vlan 591 when in AP mode.

-- Deco X50-POE user
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 1

Related Articles