Archer C5: Error message in web configuration (Error code 1)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-27 13:55:31
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.16.0 0.9.1 v6015.0 Build 180330 Rel.20128n

Hi,

NOTE: The model of my router is Archer C5 V4 (can't find it in the drop down menu)

My wifi router has been acting funny lately. My computer and other devices are not getting their IP addresses assigned.

I statically assigned an IP address to my windows 10 laptop and when I tried to access the web page of the router (192.168.0.1), there was an "Error code 1" message.

This message is displayed when I load any page. I cannot see the client table for this router, and also my address reservations seem to have vanished.

All pages seem to take a long time to load (maybe they're timing out internally) and in the end, it displays an Error code 1 message

When I fired up wireshark, I could see the a bunch of DHCP discover and request messages from my other devices that have joined the network (nothing from the router, no OFFER or ACK messages).

Options