Internet disconnection frequently on TL-MR100

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Internet disconnection frequently on TL-MR100

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
55 Reply
Re:Internet disconnection frequently on TL-MR100
2021-01-13 08:15:13

@hgr 

Hi, thanks for asking. Just confirmed with the web admin, TL-MR100(EU)_V1_201016 has been removed from TP-Link official website due to factory production limit, the firmware itself is working fine, but it cannot be updated in batches, so we will release a new firmware to solve this problem.
Don't worry, we will soon release a new version, and you will be able to update it from this version.

As per the disconnect issue you are experiencing with the MR100? Please confirm some details:
1. Are both the wired connection and wireless connection dropping when connected to the MR100? Can you still see the wireless signal from the MR100 on the wireless devices? Try to modify the wireless settings, such as wireless channel to 1/6/11, channel width to 20MHz, then reboot the router and reconnect to the network to confirm.
2. Are you able to get a stable internet if you put the SIM card on a phone or into another modem?
3. Please confirm if the band is changed to a different one when it loses the connection, you may compare that when the internet is working fine and when you lose the connection. 

4. If there is still a WAN IP address on the MR100 when the connection drops, please try to change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot the MR100 and reconnect to the network to confirm.

Options
2021-01-28 10:17:48

@Kevin_Z 

I have been facing this issue since last 2 months and I have tried these steps multiple times including firmware upgrade. But, unfortunately none of these steps are resolving the issue. Can you please provide committed timelines on when the new firmware version will get released to eliminate this issue permanently?

Thanks,

DDave

Options
2021-01-28 11:17:50

@DDave 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

We did receive some customer feedback that the internet on the MR100 is not stable, but the symptom seems not the same, so we hope you could provide more details, then our engineers may help locate the issue efficiently.

Can you please confirm if the band is changed to a different one when it loses the connection, you may compare that when the internet is working fine and when you lose the connection?

Who is the SIM card carrier? If possible, test this card on another router or on a phone, ensure you can get a stable connection.

Please send us the system log on the MR100, before and after the internet disconnects.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-01-31 08:33:58

@Kevin_Z 

Please find my response below:

Can you please confirm if the band is changed to a different one when it loses the connection, you may compare that when the internet is working fine and when you lose the connection? => How do I find this? This issue happens randomly and it disconnects the Wi-Fi from my laptop for about 5 seconds and come back automatically. 

Who is the SIM card carrier? If possible, test this card on another router or on a phone, ensure you can get a stable connection. => Airtel 4G SIM. I have already tested this SIM card on my mobile phone and it works perfectly fine. I haven't noticed the SIM getting disconnected on my mobile phone.

Please send us the system log on the MR100, before and after the internet disconnects. => Please send me your email id. I will share the logs ASAP.

Options
2021-02-01 10:59:56

@DDave 

Thank you very much for getting back with detailed info.

As per your description, it seems that the wireless connection is not stable on the MR100, have you tried to modify the wireless settings on the MR100, such as changing the wireless channel to 1/6/11, change the channel width to 20MHz, change the security to WPA2-PSK, AES, then reboot it to confirm?

BTW, how many devices are connected to the MR100 network, what are they? Are they all experiencing the same disconnect at the same time, or they just got disconnect randomly?

Have you tested if the internet is stable by connecting the computer to the MR100 with an Ethernet cable? Please check this.

We will then email you to collect the system log if the issue persists, thank you.

Options
2021-02-27 10:37:22

@Kevin_Z 

Please find my response below:

have you tried to modify the wireless settings on the MR100, such as changing the wireless channel to 1/6/11, change the channel width to 20MHz, change the security to WPA2-PSK, AES, then reboot it to confirm?

DD: Yes. I have done all these changes but this issue still persist.

how many devices are connected to the MR100 network, what are they? Are they all experiencing the same disconnect at the same time, or they just got disconnect randomly?

DD: Three (3) devices are using this WiFi router. These are Windows laptop, Android and iPhone devices. When issue occured, all of these devices gets disconnected at the same time. This issue occurs very randomly.

Have you tested if the internet is stable by connecting the computer to the MR100 with an Ethernet cable?

DD: Yes. I have tested this as well on my windows laptop and it occurs even while connected using ethernet cable to MR100 router.

Please send me email address ASAP to share the logs.

Please note that I am using Airtel 4G SIM card on this router and I have noticed that all the users facing such issue are having Airtel 4G SIM card. Is that a possible root cause?

Options
2021-03-01 02:34:03

@DDave 

Thanks for the update. Please install the beta firmware on the MR100, then try to choose the band manually to that supported as per Airtel, then monitor the connectivity:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202008/20200828/MR100v1_Firmware_Dbg_25n_2020-06-12_18.07.19.zip

Options
2021-03-01 04:22:19

@Kevin_Z 

1) Internet drops somehow when a call is received. I tried forwarding calls to another number and internet drops are very much controlled for now. However, it still goes down sometimes. I have an email communication going on for the same. Just wanted to let others know and try if that works for them.

2) Auto reboot schedule is available but only once in 24hrs. Can we have more options in this e.g. hourly reboot or reboot automatically when dns resolve timeout occurs.

Options
2021-03-01 06:48:28

@sujitombase 

Hi, please kindly follow up the issue with the engineer directly, they will try to help you out.

Options
2021-03-02 07:41:43

@Kevin_Z I am getting this error message while installing this beta firmware. It gets uploaded and while rebooting the router this error is popping up. Please provide solution on priority to this long pending issue.

Options
Related Articles