Archer T2U Plus needs new driver for MacOS Big Sur (11.0)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T2U Plus needs new driver for MacOS Big Sur (11.0)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
33 Reply
Re:Archer T2U Plus needs new driver for MacOS Big Sur (11.0)
2020-12-04 18:09:37

This is crazy. You all have known about this issue since at least June. We are now in December and thousands of people are losing Internet connectivity. This makes me rethink purchasing any TP-Link products in the future if this is the level of support provided.

Options
2020-12-13 20:26:10 - last edited 2020-12-13 20:26:31

@unknownharris 

I agree. This is really disappointing, and it's hard to recommend TP-Link products if they break in this way. I'm actively looking for other companies with better support. I understand it is challenging as I have to adapt code to the new platform myself, but at least releasing a timeline would be helpful.

Options
2020-12-20 06:59:40
Its December and your Senior Developers haven't released a driver update, yet a 3rd party person has tried to help with that (https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter) this is pretty ridiculous
Options
2020-12-20 07:02:25

@Kevin_Z YO KEVIN, QUIT SUGGESTING STUPID 3RD PARTY CRAP AND GET YOUR DEVELOPERS SHIFTED INTO HIGH GEAR... THIS IS CRAP SUPPORT TO KEEP SUGGESTING A NON-SECURE WAY OF INSTALLING SAID DRIVER... SMH 🤦‍♂️ 

Options
2020-12-21 12:28:21
Dear team, Give us an updated driver. Don't give options which customers used themselves with unsecured methods. Then why are you selling the devices? when do we get the Big Sur supported drivers? be concrete.
Options
2021-01-15 05:02:34

What is the update on the new release of driver? 

Options
2021-01-15 19:12:52

@Kathy_Z 

Any updates on the drivers? Spent money on the thing that does not work. Ridiculous..

Options
2021-01-19 15:21:48

@Kevin_Z  It is tragic that a private individual can devise a solution with regard to the lack of drivers for macos big sur whereas the producing company has yet to provide one. Are we to assume that your clients have more resources at their disposal than you do? The solution you propose is a working one albeit at the expense of security for many and not entirely trouble free. Please support your customers; it is the right thing to do!

Options
2021-01-20 07:50:52

@evasilis 

Sorry, I'd like to do more but this is really one of those things where I have to act as a middle man. Though I can be the badgering middle man till I get a response so hopefully I'll have more meaningful updates soon.

Options
2021-01-21 11:54:04 - last edited 2021-01-21 12:27:17

I'd just like to add my voice to the chorus here. I've been using this device for a couple years now, and suddenly I can't use it for more than a month. This is unacceptable considering the Big Sur beta was available to the developers well beforehand.

The device is listed as supporting MacOS, and unless TP-Link is going to unilaterally declare this an EoL device without warning, they need to give us the support we need to actually have usable, functioning products.

I encourage everyone reading or posting here to make the additional effort to communicate their problem and dissatisfaction with the lack of driver updates directly to tech support.  Forums like this exist precisely to take a load off of tech support, but they also secondarily serve as a way to more easily ignore and sweep complaints under the rug.  We shouldn't be relying on a single forum moderator (no offense to @Kevin_Z or the job he does) to adequately express the frustrations of so many users.  It's much easier for the techs and the developers to ignore one forum middleman, than it would be to ignore dozens or hundreds of complaints in the support inbox.

Click the link at the top right that says "Support", then "Contact Tech Support".  I then chose the "E-mail Support" option as I think leaving a "paper trail" will be more effective.  Here's what I submitted via the contact form:

What do you need help with today?:

Get help on TP-Link product

Product Category:

Home -> Adapters -> Adapters

Model Number: Archer T2U Plus
Problem Category:

Driver Installation

Hardware Version:

unknown

Firmware Version:

unknown

Operating System:

Mac OS                      

Internet Service Provider(ISP):

n/a

Subject: No compatible driver for MacOS 11.1 (Big Sur)
Detailed Description of the Problem:

I have been using this device for a couple of years with no problems on my MacBook Air 2014.  Now, after upgrading to MacOS 11.1 Big Sur, my TP-Link antenna no longer functions.  I searched the website for an updated driver for Big Sur, and it seems none exists.  When can we expect a driver for Big Sur?  I've been unable to use this device - which I paid for and which still claims MacOS compatibility - now for over a month.

Options